Which gender do you feel more comfortable with?

grapevine

Im usually better with guys Ive found. Not that Ive had much interaction lol. I guess the girls Ive been friends with, alot of them arent grounded and carefree as much as men lol

I'm more comfortable with men, but that might be because I've always felt like women look down at me and judge me, just from past experience

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

FriendlyShadow

I think that the only thing that would be difficult to overcome is our hormones (unless if you're asexual). I sometimes can't help but get turned on by certain sexual thoughts or scenes I see in moves/tv shows so the only way I can get relief from it is by masterbating. I try my best not to get tempted so easily though. I wish I could just permanently get rid of my hormones so that I wouldn't have to feel aroused quickly.

I think that the only thing that would be difficult to overcome is our hormones (unless if you're asexual). I sometimes can't help but get turned on by certain sexual thoughts or scenes I see in moves/tv shows so the only way I can get relief from it is by masterbating. I try my best not to get tempted so easily though. I wish I could just permanently get rid of my hormones so that I wouldn't have to feel aroused quickly.

:thumbup: :giggle:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member

DeadmanWalking

I'm not sure it's a good idea to reject an aspect of yourself like that, FriendlyShadow. It's not negatively impacting your life or anything, is it? As someone that's had/has unpleasant feelings towards an aspect of myself, I think it'd just be easier and more healthy to accept your feelings and interests. They're a part of you and, from what I've been able to discern, you're not a bad person at all. So please don't hate a part of yourself.

As for an answer to the question, I can't really say. A younger me most likely would've answered that I feel more comfortable with guys, no question. But, growing older, I think a better answer would be that interacting with men and women both bring out different aspects of me. I feel a bit uncomfortable around men and women both, but I think it's myself that I'm most uncomfortable with, if that makes sense.

lily

That does make sense. if you're not confident about yourself it'll disrupt you being confident around/interacting with others!

Try being on an SSRI antidepressant for a while. They will soon have you feeling asexual in no time. :thumbup: ::p:

I swear if I somehow live that long I'm going to make some crap up for that. Like "yes, I attribute my longevity to yodeling at strangers and my weekly Tabasco enemas." You know there's going to be a couple dozen people trying to figure out how much Tabasco is a good amount.
:lol: :applause:

(Thanks for the laugh, I really needed that)

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Generally, it has been the case I have an easier time getting comfortable around men then women, outside whoever I am dating who has the pleasure of hearing me blather on forever about whatever random thought comes into my mind.

In general though, as much as I would like to say this is not the case, it does come down to the *idea* of sex. When talking to a guy, I have no worries that anything will lead to anything related to sex anything. With a woman, there is that sliver of uncertainty. What will being friendly be construed as? How should I construe someone being friendly to me? Without rattling on a million more examples of silly concerns, it comes down to me not really being confident in those unspoken social cues that come with interacting with people. There aren't many I worry about when talking to guys, but I worry myself with them when talking with women.

jd90

I think women are more likely to talk and that means sometimes it's great to be around them if it's in larger groups. Because you can either join in or keep quiet depending on your sa in that moment and it won't be awkward. If it's just one on one you can sometimes get women who just ask question after question! So I think group size makes a difference. But really there are people you click with or not and are easy to talk to with either gender. Overall i'd edge towards women. They tend to make fun behind your back instead of to your face like guys so it's easier on my ego!:bigsmile: