Where is an appropriate place to ask a person out on a date

IAMN

I have been doing a lot better with the sa lately, particularly starting conversations. I'm finding that most of the time it is I that starts the small talk with the complete stranger, but I never take it beyond this. At these moments, the first thing that pops into my head is "this is not an appropriate place to ask somebody out on a date". So lets say you are getting gas somewhere and you start a conversation with a nice girl that works there, would you do it?

agoraphobickatie

i don't really ask guys on dates ever... but i'm usually put off by a guy who asks me out upon first meeting. if it's something random like someone who works at the gas station or a restaurant, i'd go there more than once and try to become some kind of acquaintance before just asking someone out..... unless it's some crazy connection and you know for sure that she's way into you, in which case i'd just ask for a number or something..

fitftw

I wouldn't ask for a number even unless she asked me. I'd want to say "hey don't I know you from somewhere?" with a big bright smile and a wink. But I don't initiate conversation with people unless I absolutely have to. So even if I meet a woman I can't stop looking at, I won't do anything about it. I'll shrug it off and say "eh, wasn't meant to be."

agoraphobickatie

I wouldn't ask for a number even unless she asked me. I'd want to say "hey don't I know you from somewhere?" with a big bright smile and a wink. But I don't initiate conversation with people unless I absolutely have to. So even if I meet a woman I can't stop looking at, I won't do anything about it. I'll shrug it off and say "eh, wasn't meant to be."

word.. that's why i was saying you make yourself see them often before doing anything, haha.. the other night at trivia some guy across from our table and i kept making eye contact and it's times like that i'm just like damn... i wish random stranger talking wasn't so awkward...... on my way out some random older dude was like "hey, how are you?!", i was like "good, thanks :)" and he's all "what's your name?" ...ugh! i just said "katie" and kept walking, i mean, i was trying to leave the restaurant with a group of people! lol.. so it all depends on if you KNOW the person is interested or not.. you can't just ask someone out because you think you like them..

fitftw

yeah, the only people I've ever really been with were from the internet or class. I have no way of knowing anything about some girl working in a store somewhere. I like to at least know we have some common ground before I say a word.

Sinar_Matahari

I have been doing a lot better with the sa lately, particularly starting conversations. I'm finding that most of the time it is I that starts the small talk with the complete stranger, but I never take it beyond this. At these moments, the first thing that pops into my head is "this is not an appropriate place to ask somebody out on a date". So lets say you are getting gas somewhere and you start a conversation with a nice girl that works there, would you do it?

I would if I had established a connection, but not after a bit of small talk. If you think she's interested then go for it, but if she's just being customer service friendly then chances are that she might turn you down. What the hell! Ask her out anyway. You never know until you try.

Sinar_Matahari

i don't really ask guys on dates ever... but i'm usually put off by a guy who asks me out upon first meeting. if it's something random like someone who works at the gas station or a restaurant, i'd go there more than once and try to become some kind of acquaintance before just asking someone out..... unless it's some crazy connection and you know for sure that she's way into you, in which case i'd just ask for a number or something..

I never cared for guys asking me out within five -ten minutes of having first met them. If there is an instant animal attraction then I could understand, but this has never happened to me. Besides, the guys who have asked me out right away were always slimy. I won't judge a man if his main goal is sex, but if he's not the least bit interested in me or what I have to say then he'll have better luck getting laid by someone else.

Felgen

Most people don't meet their special someone by approaching a random girl at the mall and asking her out on a date. Even David DeAngelo (the most famous PUA) said that he met his last two relationships on the internet.

If it's a girl who works there and you talk to her a lot, look for interest signals (for example if she leans toward you) and then ask for her number or her mail address. Don't ask her out on a date in front of all her co-workers and all the other customers.

panicsurvivor

I have asked girls out in just about any situation Imaginable. For the most part If you are not pushy, they don't mind. Even if their not interested they are usually flattered. One thing that I wouldn't advise however, is aproaching a stranger and just asking her for her number. You need to talk to them a little first. Like Katie said, don't walk up to a girl with a bunch of her friends when she is leaving a resturaunt and ask her for her name. I actually have done both of these things but I knew it was O.K. because of certain signs(looks, smiles,ect...). For the most part if you are just genuine and don't try to be something your not you are not going to bother her. I mean if a girl aproached you and was clearly interested in you and was sweet, but you weren't interested, Would that bother you? I know it is hard when anxeity gets in the way. But there really isn't any wrong place, theirs is just wrong times, and definatley wrong ways. If you have talked to a girl that you are interested in already, and she has smiled at you, there is nothing wrong with asking her for her number. You have more to gain than you have to lose.

mads

I would say, go out an try it, where you feel it would be good. You will maybe get a no, but at least you tried it and I am sure it can be a big selfesteem boost, because can you ask one out you dont really know, what cant you do then?

IAMN

I think the verdict is in... don't ask out a stranger :). I have done that before and she said no... I felt very good after it was all over though because I stood over a cliff and jumped off the mf anyways. I am a bit curious of the culture aspect of the question though. I'm thinking in north america, it might be creepy but not absolutely, "you shall be shuned", terrible. What about in your country?

dottie

ask for the phone number first, then after talking for awhile eventually ask them out. usually the best time is toward the end of the conversation when you are going to part ways, just be smooth and say, "oh hey, i was going to go ______ (see inception, ice skating, boating, whatever) soon. want to come along?"

i had some guy ask for my number the other day and i wasn't having it. hahah he was pretty smooth about it though, acting like he could help me or do me a favor. so you could always go that route. like if she needs help moving, or a ride, or something like that.