Where do you look?

lef09012

Where do you look when you passing people. I mean when you're walking, someone comes from oppsite direction toward you. I don't know where to look. When I find a someone coming to my direction, my heart starts pumping so fast, eyes get teary, etc... I get panic.

At that moment, all I think about is how not to look nervous. What facial expression, body language should I do???

I even quit a job for this problem. I know, for people who's not suffered this problem, it may sounds so silly and weird. But I don't know. My body reacts automatically, then get panic.

What do you do? Where you look at?

shore_of_glass

I look at them. And then if they look back, I awkwardly look away pretty fast. Pretty obvious shyness sign.

Or I just look at the ceiling or the sky, lol.

philly2bits

I look at people but only at the last second. They're more likely to not care if you look at them just as the both of you pass.

lef09012

Thanks everyone for answering.

sometimes I stare at forward like I'm robot or something.
I hate to be looked nervous.

I wish I could observe how others do.
when I asked my husband, he said "I don't know".
yeah, those people don't even think about it. Because they don't care.
Wish I were like that.

ありがとう

I used to look at the ground a lot, when I was very anxious. It's awkward in most ways I think. Most of the time I look at the side, sometimes I directly look and smile at them (which can be perceive as friendly), other times I look at the sky or my ipod... Or book when I read as I walk. Combination of all. Doesn't really bother me that much, unless you're alone and a group comes towards you. I think looking at them and if they look back, smile at them, I think this is the best approach.

Daz

Lifts / Elevators is another one.

I dread using them, i just don't know where to look. The phone comes out again and i get a little paranoid about where that other person/s are looking... If there looking at me using my phone, pretending to be busy on it.

And i seem to hold my breath to the point of collapsing if another person is using the lift. ::eek::

Generical

If i try the mobile/mp3 thing i'm likely to walk into them, i look like a drunk when i try and text and walk.

Ground is usually the winner.

KiaraBlue

Where do you look when you passing people. I mean when you're walking, someone comes from oppsite direction toward you. I don't know where to look. When I find a someone coming to my direction, my heart starts pumping so fast, eyes get teary, etc... I get panic.

That is my customary reaction. I'm always feeling that way. I just can't look someone in the eye. Just like u..my heart is beating like hell..I'm sweating..and the worse thing I'm turning red, hard to make an eye contact with this person..jesus..that is why probably half of my town thinks I'm weird..
Before half an hour came home from work..I'm walking down the street and of course someone is coming from opposite direction and I think:eek:mg, will I ever be free? It must be a great feeling walking and just walking :) and not bother about some stupid things like: do I walk ok? how's my face looking at the moment? I would really like some advice about that from someone who had that kind of a problem and resolved that..

lef09012

Thanks for replies. Looking at ground, forward, up, side, etc...
Well, I felt little relieved to know that I'm not the only one who think, feel in that way.

Thanks again.