When you die do you want a funeral?

Rodney

So I had a wake that I had to attend today for my great grandpa and I was just wondering, does anyone not want to have a funeral? Personally I don’t because then those that do show up and your relatives will know that you were a loner.... I mean I shouldn’t care what people think about me after I die but unfortunately I do. ::(:

klytus

Well, my mother is the only relative I have. Should I die a natural death, it will presumably be a long time after hers. I see no deeper sense in changing my attitude towards humanity, therefore it is very likely that no one would attend my funeral at all. Perhaps people wouldn't even notice that I was gone, given that they don't notice my presence, either.

AlleyCat

I have a fear of that and it's something I have thought about a lot. I've never really liked that quote that goes something like, "You can tell a person's worth by how many people show up at their funeral." It just makes me feel like because of SA and not having many friends, I'm a terrible person. *sighs* I care very deeply about other people. I just don't make friends very easily. =(

recluse

No i don't want a funeral because i couldn't handle all the people there!:D

No really, i can imagine not many people being in my funeral!

klytus

I notice your presence on here!
Online it appears to be very different. Here you are decoupled from your body, only your thoughts are of importance. That eases the process of social integration. Thanks, though. :)

butterflydreams

I would like my organs to be donated, my body cremated, then my ashes dispersed out into the sea. No funeral necessary... but if cremation can't be afforded by whomever, just throw me in a ditch somewhere and let the birds feed off me.

this_portrait

Well, obviously that wouldn't be my decision. My family would have to make that choice. As for burial or cremation, I would rather be cremated. It would save a lot of money, plus I doubt the earth needs another rotting corpse in it.

Though I figure that if I died, no one would even notice. =/

So I had a wake that I had to attend today for my great grandpa and I was just wondering, does anyone not want to have a funeral? Personally I don’t because then those that do show up and your relatives will know that you were a loner.... I mean I shouldn’t care what people think about me after I die but unfortunately I do. ::(:

No, I'm afraid no one will show up (except for my parents). :cool:

All I care about is that my ashes are spread in different places across the world. I don't want to be buried six feet under.

What a morbid subject, yuck. I don't want to talk about it anymore; it's too creepy, lol.

What I dont get is why do you guys even think about things like this? Sorry to say, but people on this forum have a huge habit of talking about things before they even happen. Thsi really should be the last thing on your mind.

Im undecided if I want a funeral or not. And if I am dead anyone can do what they want I have no control over that.

Rodney

lmao some of u guys r sooooooooooo harsh... "throw me in the garbage/chop me up in pieces" how about just cremated and thrown into the wind :p

Moonie

I don't really care if I have a funeral or not. I am sure my family would hold one for me. Maybe some random characters here and there would attend (outside of my family.) I'm dead, so who cares if no one shows up. I won't be there to face that embarrassment.

NOW, on the other hand, I do not want a wedding at all. I was never one for celebrations and who would I even invite anyway? Plus I don't want to dance, give vows, walk down the aisle with all eyes on me. How horrific. Perhaps these reasons contribute somewhat to my anti-marriage views.