When people talk about girlfriends and sex

recluse

I feel uncomfortable and a little jealous too. I worry that when someone talks about their ex girlfriends etc they will ask me about mine and I have none. Isn't it weird that I'm jealous of people who have ex girlfriends?! Not that I care about not having a phonebook sized list of exes, I care about finding "the one" but it does make me feel a loser for not having any experiende, and bitter for not being able to ask women out.

Dont worry, I think the talk of sex and girlfriends/boyfriends should stay between the couple. I find it awkward to hear sex stories from my girlmates and I am in a long time relationship and when my friends ask me I just say everythings good and quickly change the subject I do not want them to know aboutnpersonal things in my relationship that I rather keep to myself. I do not understand the need to tell people about your sex life and relationships its a awkward conversation and I shy away from it cause I like my privacy....I have advice tho do not feel embrassed its nothing to be embrassed about that you are inexperienced wait for the right person to come along and dont feel the need to lie to impress ur mates if they were truely ur mates they will not comment...please dont feel pressures into something youll later regret in life.....would you rather be with someone who truely cares for you and you love or a cheap one night stand...the first one right?...it will happen.

theoutsider

I never used to put my business out there about what goes on between myself and my girlfriend. I know a woman who used to brag about she and her boyfriend's sexual exploits to her girlfriends all the the time. One of them wound up taking him from her. She should have kept her mouth shut.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I know a woman who used to brag about she and her boyfriend's sexual exploits to her girlfriends all the the time. One of them wound up taking him from her. She should have kept her mouth shut.

I don't think that was the woman's fault :question:

Her friend was a jerk and her boyfriend was a traitor. That has nothing to do with her being loud and obnoxious. They would have been horrible to her regardless.

Richey

It's not something i'd talk about to friends. Music, News, Movies, Puns, yes, but not personal stuff like that. But i think at the same time, some people don't know any better. They live with a no-shame, anything goes attitude and to them it's comfortable, to others it's confronting. So i guess one way of looking at it is to realise that in their world this is normal for them, so talking about it, they probably assume that everyone else has the same issues. But yeah, it's confronting and uncomfortable to some, while others really like hearing about that sort of stuff.

MotherWolff

Banned
Yes. The whole sex life stuff should be kept behind closed doors at all times. I knew a guy from Liverpool, England that talked about having sex ALL the time with his new girlfriend. It started to make me pretty jealous then I got just plain disgusted with all the sex info he would share with me!

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
When I hear a group talking about it I just get quiet like I do any topic I don't which to publicly talk about, but people can talk about whatever they want I suppose. Whenever my friend talks about it (in what I would define as tmi) and asks me about mine I just say I don't kiss and tell and he lets it go.

A lot of what people talk about I don't have a huge interest in and I just tune them out at a point. I suppose it's like a forum of sorts, there's certain threads where you just see the title or read the intro post and just graze over it. Sometimes when a thread gets like a 100 posts you may pop in to see what's happening, but soon after you'll tune out again. A great time for daydreaming I think.

Odo

Banned
There's a time and a place for such things... I think it largely depends on how well you know each other and whether it's sexually charged or a legitimate inquiry.

I'm more likely to talk about it with male friends that I know and respect than with a mixed group or a female friend.