What's your most embarrassing SA moment?

chris87

I guess the title is a little confusing. What I'm trying to say is...what's the most embarrassing thing you've had happen because of SA?

For me, it was a DECA trip in my senior year of high school. We had to fly to Dallas, TX. There were four other students going with me, and they all had their driver's license. I was too afraid to get mine at the time, so I didn't have a license, which caused so much embarrassment in the airport. They had to change my boarding pass to secondary screening (because I was 18 and couldn't pass the security checkpoint without one). I had to go to a different line, which held up our group. Not to mention the fact that they were all standing there watching me. I was mortified, because I know they were thinking "why on earth doesn't he have a license at 18?" Or, at least, that's what my mind told me they were saying (they had to have thought I was messed up). It was just horrible.

PhantomPod

I did DECA in high school. How did your presentation for it go?

Definitely my most embarrassing thing happened during my freshman year of college. I was taking an oral presentation class. During my first presentation I went up there and started out okay, but then all of a sudden it was like my throat closed up and I physically couldn't speak. So I was just sort of like, "okay, yeah, I'm done" and stopped mid=presentation and went to sit in my seat and I just started crying. Like full blown hyper ventilation crying in front of the whole class.

Then, a week or two after that I had a presentation to do in a different class and right before I was about to go up in front of the class I basically had a panic attack and I started crying again and had to put off that presentation until the next class period. Yeah, it was so embarrassing crying twice like that in front of the same group of people. I felt like such an idiot.

chris87

PhantomPod said:
I did DECA in high school. How did your presentation for it go?

Thanks for sharing. My presentation went pretty well actually. I didn't expect that to happen!

lonely_down_under

Everyday something embarassing happens man. I can't pick the best moment but only yesterday I puked on a restaurant table because I was having a hangover due to getting drunk and you can imagine how embarrasing it must have felt.

Avoidance

Had a panic attack at a party and was begging people to take me to the emergency room at the local hospital.

Rodox

Was giving a friend a ride home,when he started talking about girls,and what he would do to them,did to some,he was being very and I mean very detailed about it,need to say that I was getting very anxious,them he was talking about a particular girl and at that moment I couldnt take so much anxiety,I started shaking,couldnt drive well,you know when you give that fake smile and the person knows that you are faking it?
Well he saw that I was nervous,maybe he tought I liked that girl , was jealous or something,after that I lost him as a friend ....

strawberrybrunette

Numerous events stick out in my mind - mostly having to make rapido exits at inconvient times! Like, a couple of years ago i went to the theatre with my grandma (she loves theatre), and i had a panic attack and had to walk out mid-performance. Wouldn't have been so bad, but i was sat right in the middle of the audience. I literally legged-it over about fifty people. And the stares i got! Oh god! Those stares still haunt me and still make me cringe even though it happened ages ago! That was soooooooo embarassing *sticks head in paper bag and buries herself alive*

kuze

Honestly I've had so many, I can't choose one in particular. Thats the reason I don't like to go out, I just don't want to experience anymore.

Well there is this one thing that sticks out in my mind. I was going up the stairs at school. It was lunch time and it was first day of high school. There were a bunch of "cool punk kids" on the stairs and I got really nervous and tripped in front of them. They all laughed and snickered at me. I wanted to fucking die. I think this situations would be embarrassing for anyone even if they didn't have SA, but I think the reason I tripped was because I was nervous.

Also every time I have to talk to my Spanish II teacher on the phone for oral exams I always sound like an idiot. It really doesn't help that I have to speak in a different language. It takes me a couple of days to work up the courage to call her.

hbanana11

There are SO many embarrasing moments but the one thats sticks out in my mind was when i threw up in my art class.

I actually made it to the bathroom in time but i just had to cover my mouth and run out of the classroom. It didnt help that i sat in the BACK of the class AND the teacher was in the middle of a powerpoint so the whole class was quiet. So, of course, everyone was looking at me and laughing when i ran out. Then to top it off, the teacher made me go back into the classroom to get my stuff and then go to the nurses. Everyone was staring at me when i came back in so i grabbed my things and ran to the nurses.

I went home and cried the whole day..it had to be THE worst day of my life.

CBJ82

One of many (also my first post here)

Yea, the situations go on and on... but to stay on the subject of class experiences, I have a wonderful treat from 6th grade.

I had just moved to a new state, started a new school. I was sick (throwing up) pretty often from the stress/SA. Lucky me, I was intelligent enough to be one of the last two kids left at the end of our class spelling bee. Everyone in the class watching and the teacher sitting at a student's desk about halfway back. I suddenly realized I was going to be sick very soon, so I tried to intentionally misspell my word so hopefully the girl would get it right and I could slip away more casually. Unfortunately I didn't really know how to spell it and accidentally spelled it Right! Terror. Now I know it will have to be a hasty and tactless retreat. The teacher told the girl her word to spell and, as she's trying to spell it, I slowly walked to the teacher to try and ask if I could leave the room. She said yes just in time for me to cup my hand over my mouth and start running down the hall. Didn't make it in time. All over the hall. While I was still in the bathroom the bell rang for class change. When I came out I saw the janitor was just starting to clean up my mess and I realized everyone had the privilege of experiencing the aftermath. It was about that time I decided just to call it a day and walk home.

.........The next day was the big class field trip... Two hour bus ride.

nice.

As a kid, I was too afraid to use the school restrooms. That got embarrassing a few times. :p The whole school celebrity status as the silent one where everyone tried to trick me into saying a word and would do a victory dance it they managed was pretty humiliating, but no single incident.

chris87 said:
"why on earth doesn't he have a license at 18?"

Why on earth would anybody have a license at 18 if they don't have a job or a car? My sister didn't have SA and didn't have a license at 18... I got my license at 20 and didn't consider it late or SA-related. Much of the world uses public transit and may never get a license. Being ashamed of it is misplaced.

Azahara

So many moments

When I had to do an oral explanation of a didactic unit in front of the class. I had to have two valiums.

When I went to Ireland to improve my English for a months as a monitoring, I I had to ask people I wanted to come back home at the fouth day.

I couldn´t go to my sister wedding. I was very depressed. Lost of extrangers there. My sister was very sympathetic.

When I was flying to Venezuela and was arriving I began to cry, I fortunatelly I had put my sunglasses on.

In a party, I thought a guy was looking at me, I had drunk and I ask this boy for dance. He says: Sorry, I don´t know dance sevillanas. But my surprise was that this guy wasn´t looking at me but my best friend 8O

tamercloud

Here is one out of the many stupid moments I've had.

There was this slightly drunk girl who randomly started a conversation with me, taking me by surprise. She was flirting with me and told me how much she liked how my butt looked in my jeans, and I was so nervous I told her a story about how I ripped my last old pair of jeans bending over to pick up my cat. I just sighed and walked away after I realized what I said. I'm like this with every girl that approaches me v_v

Kiwong

I've been called names, someone screamed in my ear. Some people think I'm gay, others think I'm straight. They take my anxiety as romantic interest. That is embarrassing.

Esperance

So, I was suppose to have a big family reunion at the restaurant and my parents were supposed to take some members of the family at the station but to have their attention, he honks and bang, I have my panic attack. Too much for me and then, my father said " Come on, take on yourself for once " and bang, my nose was bleeding. I think that have to be the most embarassing since after, I really felt I was a bad son and everything :sad:

ShadowCookie

I feel embarrassed every day by something that has happened to me, such as when I speak - it's because I don't move my lips very much when I speak so people are constantly asking me to repeat myself, and that is embarrassing if you are on a bus or in a group with a lot of people who can hear you.. then you end up speaking clearly and it almost appears like you're shouting, so you feel a bit foolish, and feel like everyone is staring at you or thinking 'what an idiot'.