What was the last social event you went to?

HeadFace

Hanging out, dinner, get-togethers, parties, clubs... How'd it go?
My last time was... Monday, I think. It was supposed to be me and about 4 other people, but three bailed. So it was just me and my friend. It was chill though.
He doesnt goto summer school any more though, so I'm afraid this might mean I won't see him in a while...

EnigmatiConduit

Well i attempted to spend christmas in another state with my family ( i live in a different state to all of them ) - however, my brother didn't let me come to his house (which is where the family gathering was) because i had my dog with me... sooooooo i guess that wasn't the last social event lol... just spent the day with my boyfriend and parents. I can't remember the last time

HeadFace

A couple weeks ago, I went out to eat with my dad and a couple coworkers, they were a bunch of introverted engineers so after a little time had passed I decided it wasn't that painful.

The last one I went to that was a big deal was prom during junior year of high school. I dreaded it because I was a third wheel, went with my friend and her date, and felt self conscious about how I looked in my dress
Yeah. I have my good and bad hangout days. It mostly depends on my mood and who else I'm going to be with.

Eh. I'm not much of a party person or someone who likes going to events with big crowds (unless it's a concert).
And I always thought I'd be bored at dances since:
There's never anyone to go with
I am an awkward person
I don't dance
**** suits
And I hate the music choices.

HeadFace

Well i attempted to spend christmas in another state with my family ( i live in a different state to all of them ) - however, my brother didn't let me come to his house (which is where the family gathering was) because i had my dog with me... sooooooo i guess that wasn't the last social event lol... just spent the day with my boyfriend and parents. I can't remember the last time
Ouch. Did he not let you in after you flew all the way over there? I would've been pretty pissed.

And ah thats good. The few times I've had a companion, I've tried to spend a lot of time with them.

HeadFace

I went to the movies about a month ago with a few friends, it went alright. Someone I had never met before went as well, so I didn't talk all that much, but more than I thought I would. A few times I was left alone with the person I didn't know and felt bad that I said almost no words to him, so that didn't go so well but overall not terrible.

Er.. Yeah. That happened to me a while ago. I went with my best friend (at the time), her girlfriend (who I was also well acquanted with), and... like 4 other people that I barely know, as in, I know of their existance but other than that never talk to them. So it got really awkward often.

What pissed us all of though is that my friend and her girlfriend kept randomly leaving to have their 8 minute makeout session.
Which lead to even more awkward situations. Damn them

NihilSlayer

I just got back from a "party" at my mother and step-father's house. Those in attendance consisted of : my mother, father, step-father, their hungarian neighbors, and their son. The son is my age so there was an element of forced social interaction. He seemed nice. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't socially phobic also (or maybe he was just full of loathing... or maybe merely introspective... It's hard to get into other peoples heads without much to go on). I imagine his parents dragged him along, and he just sat quietly in a chair trying to feign interest in the drunken ramblings of my father and step-father. I had to endure my parentage telling stories about me from when I was a youngster, which was annoying; but what can a fellow do? Smile and bear it is all... I decided to walk home from their house. It is abotu a 2 mile walk, but it was lovely with fireworks going off intermittently and the fact I had music to listen too-- not a terrible experience all in all. Definitely could have been worse.

WeirdyMcGee

ahhh... last time I went somewhere?
Was probably my grandfather's funeral in february. It was terrible but I stayed with my dad for the 3 weeks; and he is agoraphobic like I am, so it was slightly more comfortable than when I have to go somewhere with my mom--- who is completely social and outgoing.

I've been out a few times since then but not to any overnight things or social events. A couple hours of shopping here and there.
No friends, no parties, no clubs. haha

HeadFace

what classifies a social event??Christmas dinner my sister's boyfriend came over, does that count? ;/
.. Yes.
Hanging out, dinner, get-togethers, parties, clubs... How'd it go?
Anything that your obligated to socialize in I guess. Like I said get-togethers/etc.
I just got back from a "party" at my mother and step-father's house. Those in attendance consisted of : my mother, father, step-father, their hungarian neighbors, and their son. The son is my age so there was an element of forced social interaction. He seemed nice. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't socially phobic also (or maybe he was just full of loathing... or maybe merely introspective... It's hard to get into other peoples heads without much to go on). I imagine his parents dragged him along, and he just sat quietly in a chair trying to feign interest in the drunken ramblings of my father and step-father. I had to endure my parentage telling stories about me from when I was a youngster, which was annoying; but what can a fellow do? Smile and bear it is all... I decided to walk home from their house. It is abotu a 2 mile walk, but it was lovely with fireworks going off intermittently and the fact I had music to listen too-- not a terrible experience all in all. Definitely could have been worse.
Aha.. I've experienced something definetly similiar.
Also walks with music playing are always the best to me. They're inspiring.
Exactly. I always was afraid too if someone would ask me to dance with them. That's even worse
I wouldn't be so much afraid of that. I dont see who would want to ask me though @_@
I'd probably the awkward loner sitting on the sides

HeadFace

ahhh... last time I went somewhere?
Was probably my grandfather's funeral in february. It was terrible but I stayed with my dad for the 3 weeks; and he is agoraphobic like I am, so it was slightly more comfortable than when I have to go somewhere with my mom--- who is completely social and outgoing.

I've been out a few times since then but not to any overnight things or social events. A couple hours of shopping here and there.
No friends, no parties, no clubs. haha

An agoraphobic and a social butterfly.. How does that work out?

And yeah. Besides the time I just mentioned, before that my last social event was monthes before. Maybe even back in March or Feb.

WeirdyMcGee

An agoraphobic and a social butterfly.. How does that work out?

And yeah. Besides the time I just mentioned, before that my last social event was monthes before. Maybe even back in March or Feb.

Dad became agoraphobic after mom divorced him and his life fell apart-- then he was a hermit for 8 years; so for most of my life, he lived in a tent or squatted in a condemned house.

HeadFace

Dad became agoraphobic after mom divorced him and his life fell apart-- then he was a hermit for 8 years; so for most of my life, he lived in a tent or squatted in a condemned house.

Oh... Crap. My bad. I had no idea.
Anyway he kinda sounds like he has it rough. Sorry.

NovakBanks

Last social event I went...gah, let's see...

I can't even remember, I've been in my house without really leaving for a year and a half. :eek:

Why

last week a nice trip to the mountain with family and family friends

a true social event with my own friends (and not family planned) its been so long its quite sad = =

Apotheosis

I honestly can't remember. A girl showed up at my house a few weeks ago to make sure I wasn't dead, does that count?