What was the last social event you went to?

Ladystardust

I went to a play with 3 other people that was a few months ago. They all enjoyed it but i found it a real trial i felt hot and uncomfortable my mouth was dry.I kept wondering why i had put myself through it.I chose a play because i hoped that if i could get lost in it i would may be not feel so bad and also because i like theatre but i would rather go alone its less stressful.

MrJones

If you mean any social interaction, last Thursday. It was nothing important, only half an hour or so. Not as bad as I expected.

CeCe

a viewing for my friends grandma that passed away...i was the only non family member there and it was awful..i didnt know anyone...my friend kept talking to her family and leaving me out...just me standing there awkwardly pretending to be doing somethin in my purse. i felt like i didnt belong because im not family. people were crying around me..even my friend..and i just stood there...not consoling anyone :/

zav943

Three of my university friends had their birthday yesterday and I decided very, very reluctantly to go. It wasn't too bad...I managed to put in about 3 hours and met one new person.

I then went to another birthday, but I felt quite uncomfortable because I knew no one there and I told my friend we should go somewhere else....which we did.

We eventually went back to the party quite drunk. I didn't really socialize that much but didn't feel too uncomfortable.

I was very happy at the end of the day to look at my watch and see it was about 3 am....the first time in a while that I can say I spent "a night out with friends", even if 2 full hours were spent with only one person (who I feel comfortable with).

Before that, the last event was also a birthday (last month) and that was horrible...I couldn't stay there for 2 hours. I knew only a third of the attendants and no one really bothered at all to socialize with me. It was a nightmare.

upndwn

I was out on the town drinking two days ago. I generally go out and meet friends over a cup of coffee two-three times a week. My SA isn't so bad anymore especially if I'm with friends.

Srijita52

I attended my uncle's birthday party last week.Actually it wasn't really a party,it was more like a family gathering,didn't go so well as everyone started cracking jokes on me.It was funny at first bt seriously got annoying after a while,my aunt even commented on how boring I was.

Last edited:

dancingintherain

french night! Haha. It was a little thing in the hotel with french speaking people, games and food. I went with my mum and it was very awkward not knowing french well while they were trying to speak to us! I had an excuse not to speak to everyone though;)