what type of music has helped you?

I rely on music so much now. No matter what mood I am in, music will help. It can calm me down, it can make me happy, and there is always something that I can kind of relate to. I can definitely say that music has helped with my anxiety! My favourite bands are Pierce The Veil, Sleeping With Sirens, and All Time Low! Plus a heap more, that would take a long time to list!

So has music helped you in any way? Has it saved your life? Inspired you to do something? What band is it that you listen to? Which song(s)?

Angkorwat

At the risk of sounding weird, I listen to Japanese songs to boost my mood. I listen to most songs from animes and I have no idea what they are saying. The best part about that is I can input my own feelings into the song with the beat. A lot of current songs here in the U.S. are about sex, drugs, love, and I don't find myself getting into all those things. Japanese music has helped me get through some of the toughest moments in my life.

AGR

HIM,but didnt listen to the last albums,but I will buy them,its long overdue,last one I heard was dark light.

Starry

Some Power Metal, some Neo-prog Rock, and some Trailer Music/Soundtrack helps me... Whatever the music, it must be powerful and it must get into my soul, as it were... There are only a couple of bands/Composers who can do that without fail - Arena (Neo-Prog Rock) and Sabaton (Power Metal), Two Steps From Hell and Audiomachine (Both Trailer Music). But many other bands/Composers can be of help if it's a single song/piece, rather than an entire album...

Kiwong

Inspiring lyrics, or those that speak about the pain in my life. There are songs where the composer ahas gone through the same things as you, and that is comforting.

laure15

Inspiring lyrics, or those that speak about the pain in my life. There are songs where the composer ahas gone through the same things as you, and that is comforting.

This. I like songs with deep meaning. Sometimes I listen to foreign songs like Japanese and Korean ones. Anime songs can be powerful too.

On the other hand, songs that lash out at people or bordering on violence do not comfort me at all, even when I'm feeling angry at people.

Last edited:

Daniel089

Music has always been a mirror for my emotions. When I want beauty, I listen to Stairway to heaven from Led Zeppelin. When I feel love I listen to John Lennon's songs. When I'm feeling down, and disappointed in people, I always listen to Everybody hurts from R.E.M. When I feel creative, I play on my own guitar, improvisation or whatsoever.
Music always helps me, since it's like a legal drug.
If you want to listen to some genius instrumental guitar piece, I advise you to listen to this =)

John Butler Trio - Ocean - YouTube

It'll make you feel better

Last edited:

LoyalXenite

Mostly any music with meanings in the lyrics. Anything that relates to my current emotional or physical state.