What is your Favorite Board Game or Family Game?

1BlackSheep

We played a lot of board games growing up: Monopoly, Candyland, Chutes & Ladders, Battleship, Operation, etc. I even had the Barbie Dream Date game - LOL!!! I think my favorite was Yahtzee though!

I love board games and wish I had other people to have a game night with too.

Are there any online board games where we could all be on at the same time and play?

MikeyC

On my first night in Melbourne, my other two friends had not arrived so it was just me and my Melbourne buddy. At the house we were staying at, we noticed they had Super Scrabble. Basically it was more tiles and a bigger board, so we decided to have a game of that. I beat him big time, but we both had a LOT of fun playing it!

I have a Scrabble board here. Haven't got it out in a while because I don't think anyone else is keen to play but I would love to challenge someone to a game.

upndwn

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/15987/arkham-horror

Not a casual game for beginners, but reasonably easy to learn for a game of this magnitude. The game is based on the writings of the famous pulp horror author H.P Lovecraft and is a cooperative game set in the fictional Massachusetts town of Arkham sometime during the 1920's.

The goal of the game is to close several gates opening up to other dimensions. Through the gates comes horrible monsters from beyond reality to wreak havoc on the city and its inhabitants. The players can choose from several specific characters, each with a different set of abilities. During the games passing each character moves across the board investigating mysterious events and gathering up useful clues, skills and items to help defeat the evil behind the dimensional rifts. If the players can't close the gates in time the evil entity behind the gates awakens, and the players get one last chance to win the game by defeating this entity in battle.

Each game is different, there is endless replayability, and also lots of expansions bringing new characters, monsters, cities and rules to the game.

Ithior

I don't like stuff that involves mimic and general knowledge. I prefer stuff like monopoly. I don't play many board games though.

Xervello

Crack the Case! It's a detective game where one person poses a mystery to be solved and the other people ask questions trying to answer what happened. I still have it, and it can be played online if anyone is interested. You'd all be the ones trying to solve it, of course, lol. I posted a thread about this awhile back. If anyone is game, pm me.