What if your anxiety dissapear and some else will have it u will support ?

DespairSoul

Hello guys,

I get Idea imagine that u dont have anxiety anymore and you are in some relationship. Your Gf or Bf have it and you must deal with that. DO you will support him/her or you will after time broke relation if u will see isnt helping your support and he/she dont change? Please be honest! Sometimes i like play game what if but i think we all do coz SA is about (WHAT IF).

Im curious for yours asnwers if will be some yay again my if;)

I'm assuming that I would still remember what it was like to have the anxiety, so yes, of course I would support my bf with anxiety even if mine disappeared. That being said, I don't think that my "support" alone would help him to manage or cure his, so if he refused to seek professional help, and it was bad enough to put a strain on our relationship, I would probably need some space away from him until he decided to get the additional help. I sort of went through something like this with my ex-husband- only he doesn't have SA. I (and his parents and others close to him) am pretty sure he has bi-polar, but his refusal to get and maintain therapy/medication, and his misplaced belief that if only I were a more supportive spouse was one of the straws that broke us up.

mismeek

probably not. I'm good at handling other peoples problems. I don't like to be relied on.

DespairSoul

this is pure theory but yes, I will stay with her no matter what...love is love.

Hi mozart,

Ofcourse is pure theory:) but by people with SA is only theory what is avalaible.

You are an angel propably i think many of us will not stay with that husband forever maybe some time but we will want own live i think just people think mostly about theirs good(not everyone but a lot of them i see this in reality). Believe me. I will stay with him but i dont know if for whole live. Importand what he will do for that if he will try his best to get atleast better. I alone have bf and i think he will not want this if he love it public and people so much. I know that he say now he will be with me anyway but i dont believe he will...so

DespairSoul

probably not. I'm good at handling other peoples problems. I don't like to be relied on.

Hello mismeek::p:

Umm little i dont understand u say u are good at handling other peoples problems but dont like to be relied on? But he will be relied on you not you on him:) Maybe i get that wrong coz my english isnt soo good but i try my best!

3lefts

I wouldn't mind at all. People are people, with or without anxiety they still are the same person I would fall in-love with, and if that be so I'd love and support them as long as I loved them. In the case that I wasn't struggling myself, that is.
I would still do the same, except it might be less effective for my own worries.

DespairSoul

I'm assuming that I would still remember what it was like to have the anxiety, so yes, of course I would support my bf with anxiety even if mine disappeared. That being said, I don't think that my "support" alone would help him to manage or cure his, so if he refused to seek professional help, and it was bad enough to put a strain on our relationship, I would probably need some space away from him until he decided to get the additional help. I sort of went through something like this with my ex-husband- only he doesn't have SA. I (and his parents and others close to him) am pretty sure he has bi-polar, but his refusal to get and maintain therapy/medication, and his misplaced belief that if only I were a more supportive spouse was one of the straws that broke us up.

Hello lurknomore,

I see that too like that if know how hard it is with anxiety. I would do my best but if he will be anxiety going with him to much badly and he will not want profi help i will propably give up too. I have the same situation with my bf only im this one who is suffering with SA. And i will actually if he will give up with me dont wonder but will feel very betrayal when he will do that to me. Like i see both sights of this situation. Just both must do something about that and i will be perceiving the most what i can. You are strong girl and i appreaciate your nice behavior to your bf. Do you had already anxiety in that time what u was helping him?Be bipolar is worse then with SA?Tell me little more about it pls. Thank you.

mismeek

Hello mismeek::p:

Umm little i dont understand u say u are good at handling other peoples problems but dont like to be relied on? But he will be relied on you not you on him:) Maybe i get that wrong coz my english isnt soo good but i try my best!

sorry I mean to say NOT good lol

*Amy*

Of course I would support him! Especially if I have suffered SP before, so I know what it means and how difficult it is to get over it. What's more, I assume that SP doesn't show up with your partner, but outdoors and with other people you have to deal with in your daily life. So, would it really matter if he was a SP? I think it wouldn't.

DespairSoul

Of course I would support him! Especially if I have suffered SP before, so I know what it means and how difficult it is to get over it. What's more, I assume that SP doesn't show up with your partner, but outdoors and with other people you have to deal with in your daily life. So, would it really matter if he was a SP? I think it wouldn't.

Yes specially if u had suffered before Amy:) but i was meaning more like u never was dealing with that. And you meet someone who do. I title wrong my thread i was just meaning if cards turns.But i think your asnwet will be the same and i appreaciate that.Thank you for asnwer.

I will ´´fight together´´ ;) because that´s what I call true love.
Whatever bad news comes on our way, we will get out of it together.
And if not, I will accept it , because I'm not a person who will end a relationship because of anxiety problems, or things like that.
Because anyone could get this SA for example, and somehow I like it when my ''partner'' can talk with me about it, because I can relate to that:)
It just depends on the person, how much he or she cares about you
if he/she really loves you, he/she would do anything to be with you
but yeah, thats just me saying, some guys/girls aren't like that
they just have their own ''priorities in love'', don't let them waste your time,
they will only waste your time, because they are not worth your love ! :)

DespairSoul

I will ´´fight together´´ ;) because that´s what I call true love.
Whatever bad news comes on our way, we will get out of it together.
And if not, I will accept it , because I'm not a person who will end a relationship because of anxiety problems, or things like that.
Because anyone could get this SA for example, and somehow I like it when my ''partner'' can talk with me about it, because I can relate to that:)
It just depends on the person, how much he or she cares about you
if he/she really loves you, he/she would do anything to be with you
but yeah, thats just me saying, some guys/girls aren't like that
they just have their own ''priorities in love'', don't let them waste your time,
they will only waste your time, because they are not worth your love ! :)

Dear Flowergirlie:eek:)

Yes, i was thinking too like that If that person really loves u and cares about u he/she will do anything for you and supportbut later my realistic/im more dreaming person and building air castles) part recognize thats not completely true, because is saying Love is going cross huges mountains!No matter what will be i dont choose to have anxiety she choose me and if he dont understand he isnt really in love with me enough. This i must doubt because isnt true. Isnt about this how much he loves me. Is about work of both on it. If i sabotage any help of my partner thats he can too think i dont love him enough coz i dont try? Im in the Fear and he not. He was telling me i should go professional help coz he cant help me. Now i little turn is no more imagine is my real story::eek:: As u sad everyone have diffrent priorities about Love. I was always thinking im to much demanding in love and want some totally perceiving princ on white horse. I idealize me love to much. I like it your answer you are such a smartie girlie. He cant fight for me i must do myself. And this is damnn hard.You know it by yourself. I know he loves me a lot but is only my less self esteem that i believe he will better leave me as stand by my side. Thats why i ask here how will people react if will cards turn. I just confused what i alone will do. I will be enough strong for that? Deep inside i feel i will if cards turn.

DespairSoul

I wouldn't mind at all. People are people, with or without anxiety they still are the same person I would fall in-love with, and if that be so I'd love and support them as long as I loved them. In the case that I wasn't struggling myself, that is.
I would still do the same, except it might be less effective for my own worries.

Hello 3left:)

I know people are people,with or with out anxiety they will be still the same person I wold fall in love You wrote that beautiful. Its so true. I know.
Sometimes is hard to be with person what have SA. I know this by myself i feel quilty. Because i think i make my own bf sad,mad,upset...
and this i never want. I by myself if he will complicated like me i dont know if i can deal with that forever. This isnt mean that i dont love him enough. Im not strong character enough and if he will have panic attacks about suicide like i had and ever day talk he will kill himself like me. I dont know if could be strong enough i just wonder that he is still with me. For sure i will do my best what i can coz im perceiving person and i can lisen troubles or others and i feel amazing if i can help to someone. Love is for me the highest goal in live.
Sometimes im confused and think if could be strong enough for that. I try to see other sight of this situation. Thank you for your touchable asnwer!

EscapeArtist

Yes. Even if I didn't have SA I could always understand how somebody COULD have SA. Our mass society is outragously overwhelmingly overpopulated! Not to mention judgemental, to anybody, really. It's almost normal in my opinion for one to develop SA in such a society. So, even if I was blessed with good social skills I would be able to understand and identify with people with SA, just as normal people I meet can sometimes say "Yeah I understand why you are afraid in social situations" and of course, I would be supportive!
I can understand also how it would be aggrivating, mainly if i'im into group activities. But my best guess is that I would support them.

I would expect them to work on it and face their fears. If they were to isolate themselves for years chances are I would have a hard time seeing that THEY believe they are worth themself. And self worth is very important unfortunately. If I didn't have SA I'm guessing whatever caused my SA would never had happened, which would mean I may not have self esteem issues, which would mean I would be more confident and looking for somebody who is equally confident in their ability..