What if your anxiety dissapear and some else will have it u will support ?

DespairSoul

Yes. Even if I didn't have SA I could always understand how somebody COULD have SA. Our mass society is outragously overwhelmingly overpopulated! Not to mention judgemental, to anybody, really. It's almost normal in my opinion for one to develop SA in such a society. So, even if I was blessed with good social skills I would be able to understand and identify with people with SA, just as normal people I meet can sometimes say "Yeah I understand why you are afraid in social situations" and of course, I would be supportive!
I can understand also how it would be aggrivating, mainly if i'im into group activities. But my best guess is that I would support them.

I would expect them to work on it and face their fears. If they were to isolate themselves for years chances are I would have a hard time seeing that THEY believe they are worth themself. And self worth is very important unfortunately. If I didn't have SA I'm guessing whatever caused my SA would never had happened, which would mean I may not have self esteem issues, which would mean I would be more confident and looking for somebody who is equally confident in their ability..

Im glad for those blessing words of you. People with SA have just wonderfull soul. We miss other stuff but we have something what actually some normal people dont have it. Maybe influence us answers that we know what is fight with SA. We see that diffrent. Here is a lot of wonderfull souls what was actually are blessed with dare how they are and you are one of them.Thank you for sharing and your nice opinion.

You are right self worth is very importand. This i will never have to myself. Never say never but by those cause i must just say it. You sound to me unsure why u actually have SA? Mostly is actually people what have less self-esteem and they dont believe they are worth for this world and people around.

EscapeArtist

Thanks for your nice response!
And I am a little bit unsure of why I have SA. But I think it's a mixture of always having very little self worth, lots of self hatred, leading to feeling always inferior to others, and then childhood exclusion/name calling and being the outcast.

Kat

I have had people be very manipulative towards me and my sa like if I don’t go somewhere at times they’ll say I never go or do anything and it frustrates me because it’s not true. I never want to go but I do and it’s couple of times out of the week as well. I will never be someone that goes out 7 days out of a week but that’s just me and who I am and I feel at times people don’t accept that part of me.

I think in some respects it’s been hard for me to overcome this is because my interests genuinely involve not going out and I think if I didn’t have SA I would feel the same, so there would have to be some give and take I would want them to work on it simply because I didn’t want them to suffer but one cure doesn’t fit all facing fears doesn’t necessarily get rid of this and I think that’s where a lot of people's ignorance is when they hear you have such a condition they think it’s just a matter of facing it. You can’t be forced to like something you don’t but I think you can get to a point where it's at least manageable and you don’t have to suffer as much and that’s what I would want for them.

Last edited:

DespairSoul

I have had people be very manipulative towards me and my sa like if I don’t go somewhere at times they’ll say I never go or do anything and it frustrates me because it’s not true. I never want to go but I do and it’s couple of times out of the week as well. I will never be someone that goes out 7 days out of a week but that’s just me and who I am and I feel at times people don’t accept that part of me.

I think in some respects it’s been hard for me to overcome this is because my interests genuinely involve not going out and I think if I didn’t have SA I would feel the same, so there would have to be some give and take I would want them to work on it simply because I didn’t want them to suffer but one cure doesn’t fit all facing fears doesn’t necessarily get rid of this and I think that’s where a lot of people's ignorance is when they hear you have such a condition they think it’s just a matter of facing it. You can’t be forced to like something you don’t but I think you can get to a point where it's at least manageable and you don’t have to suffer as much and that’s what I would want for them.

Hello Kat:)

Dont lisen to them. No ones can force you to do stuff what u alone dont want to do! Manipulative people are everywhere they just dont understand u coz they are thinking is normal go all the time out and is selfish if they judge some one who just dont like so much,they think only about theirs good way what is right what is wrong but tell me where was wroten note about what is really wrong and right hmm? NOWHERE! And you choose the way what is for you the most suitable!If they dont accept this part of you they are not worth it your company. Maybe they miss u,they likes u and want u around?Do you was never thinking like that,hmm;)? But they must understand u want to be sometimes on your own.

Exactly people force you to the most scary stuff. Faicing them,and deeply i know i should facing them by myself. The best cure is theoretic (i dont practice that much) do stuff what you are the most scared of step by step.
Is so crayzy hard that i cant.And you are right no one cant force me to do that. One cure doesnt fit every fears what we have you are right i think too cant be cured everything what we hold on us back. I feel i carry heavy iron metal on my heart all the time. Nice response thank you!

*Amy*

Yes specially if u had suffered before Amy:) but i was meaning more like u never was dealing with that. And you meet someone who do. I title wrong my thread i was just meaning if cards turns.But i think your asnwet will be the same and i appreaciate that.Thank you for asnwer.

Yes, I would do the same with anyone having any disorder unless it was an obstacle for our relationship.