What has helped your SA?

SM1010

For me, online dating has definitely helped my SA. Before I joined a couple online dating sites I had never been on a real date. A year and 1/2 later I've gone out with 10+ women and feel much more comfortable talking with women. It can be very stressful before dates but no pain no game right? Gotta do things that scare me to get over my SA.

So I propose the same question to all of you, what has helped with your SA? Maybe it can help some of us too!

Kiwong

Seeing the headless horseman of Sleepy Hollow? Well that might be a bit extreme.

Illusions

Gotta do things that scare me to get over my SA.

So I propose the same question to all of you, what has helped with your SA? Maybe it can help some of us too!

Exposure most certainly helps. Being 'thrown' out there is pretty scary but my conversational skills improved. Still have a long way to go though.

ridicule

For me, online dating has definitely helped my SA. Before I joined a couple online dating sites I had never been on a real date. A year and 1/2 later I've gone out with 10+ women and feel much more comfortable talking with women. It can be very stressful before dates but no pain no game right? Gotta do things that scare me to get over my SA.

I wouldn't go so far as to say online dating, but talking to people on the internet, in particular girls (of course ::p: ) really helps. Text conversations can help us train for face to face conversations where timing, body language, and attitude matter.

Giddy

Keeping busy. Working and working. Reading funny novels. Cleaning the house (I feel better afterwards anyway - motivating myself is another story).

Section_31

Being married to someone else who is S/A. We lean on eachother for support, and go back-to-back when it gets scary.

Before this, i was very much alone and probably one of the shyest people.

*Amy*

My best friend:)
Trying a new image for me: a new hair style, clothes I feel comfortable in, make up... all of them make me feel a little bit more confident.
Living alone for a while, far away from my family and my routine.
Trying a new life philosophy and not caring about things that don't make me happy.

I am still very very shy, but I just don't dwell on it anymore. I know I can't change myself completely; that's how I am. Yes, I could try to change my flaws, but I think being shy is not a really big one, so I think I should not worry about it as much as I used to.

Section_31

I got paid 100$ to run down the street in a chicken suit yesterday.....scared me out of my wits, but no one recognized me, AND i got money to take the hunny out for dinner

Booyea!