What comment do you hate the most?

Nalenia

Title says it all - What comment do you hate the most at social gatherings?

Mine most be: "Wauw, you really talk alot!" and everyone looks at you and laugh..

Whats yours?

Lorraine Manca

as a teenager, "are you ok?" was DEFINATELY my most hated question.
now its leaning toward the gyst of "we need to get you out of your shell". i wish a lot of people would crawl back into their shell, but im polite enough to not say so

Richey

"you have an attitude problem" my immdediate thought response "bugger off already"
note: its a very general and arrogant claim to make based on an assumption.

"do you want to be alone forever whilst having a mediocre life" ... my response " completely unhelpful and using guilt trips to somehow trigger a shock in me, advice lacks empathy and people skills.

"pull your finger out" ...again an arrogant and annoying phrase people use to make them seem superior in some way, they are saying you are not up to their supposed standards which they see as gospel.

"you are so quiet today" ...my thoughts "stating the obvious, i don't actually know you and you dont make much effort to talk to me anyway so why do you even care to inform me about my manerisms which only leads to an awkward outcome,
i could jump up and down, do a dance while singing karaoke, would you then inform me that i am being "loud and chirpy", my response should be "do you think before you open your mouth" ...

Chlo

Banned
I dont like it when people over compliment me, i feel like there is a limit and once they cross it i see it as mocking... sometimes :p
and of course it depends who it is.

iamthenra

"You will find a girl friend when you least expect it... " Yeah, right 40+ years without ever having a girlfriend... I wished that saying would disappear. The other one is "It will happen don't worry...." Referring to getting a girl friend. Just not going to happen.... ::(:

stephen

Yeah I'd have to say

"You're quiet"

ranks up there for the bleedingly obvious.

Oh really, I hadn't noticed that I haven't said a word all evening and that I've been agonising over what to say and when I can get out of here. Thanks for pointing that out. Now I feel soooo much more comfortable.

32belly

"Oh, everyone feels anxious. You just have to get over it and not let it bother you"

Yes. If only it was so easy.