What comment do you hate the most?

AidanKay

I had a random old lady come up to me and say "Cheer up, it'll get better". And although that's a sweet thing to say, I wasn't sad/angry or anything at the time.
It's because apparently my standard expression looks like I'm angry/hurt/sad. Which made her comment affect me a lot, because it's sorta like someone saying "When's it due?" to a woman who isn't pregnant.

Lorraine Manca

"You will find a girl friend when you least expect it... " Yeah, right 40+ years without ever having a girlfriend... I wished that saying would disappear. The other one is "It will happen don't worry...." Referring to getting a girl friend. Just not going to happen.... ::(:

i completely understand that! i dont know if people do that out of politeness, but it hurts when people are optimistic about my future. i get "you've got a great life ahead of you" "i know you'll do great" from teachers.
or worse yet, "when you have a family of your own" "when you have kids of your own" when you know very well you're two shy/incompetant to stay in school long enough to get anywhere, let alone have a family.
i know what you mean "iamthenra". it hurts alot when people naturally assume youll have the life/experiences of everyone else. id like to hit all those fortune tellers over the head with their own crystal balls! i mean that in a nice way :)
sorry for the rant

stephen

i completely understand that! i dont know if people do that out of politeness, but it hurts when people are optimistic about my future. i get "you've got a great life ahead of you" "i know you'll do great" from teachers.
or worse yet, "when you have a family of your own" "when you have kids of your own" when you know very well you're two shy/incompetant to stay in school long enough to get anywhere, let alone have a family.
i know what you mean "iamthenra". it hurts alot when people naturally assume youll have the life/experiences of everyone else. id like to hit all those fortune tellers over the head with their own crystal balls! i mean that in a nice way :)
sorry for the rant

LOL. I know what you mean. Growing up I would always hear stuff like "He's going to have all the girls chasing him" and I would think WTF do you know, I have zero friends and I can't even open my mouth to speak to anyone.

But hey, I'm married now so there's hope I guess :).

WorldEndsWithMe

"Are you okay? Why are you so quiet?"
This.

Also, "are you mad?", "are you sad?", "why aren't you're talking?"
My one friend always says "Sara, why are you being so quiet today?" I'm always quiet.

The obvious observation always annoys me. "Wow, you're so tall"
Well golly, all this time I thought I was legally a midget... :rolleyes:

WorldEndsWithMe

Those obvious observations about my height really annoy me. I just chuckle and hope they change the subject. How tall are you?

I'm not even that tall, which is the weird part. I could understand if I was 6'5 or something, but I'm 5'9. Well, apparently the average height for women in Canada is 5'4 so it is relative...

Emily_G

"Hey, I'm so and so. what's your name?"
"Eeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhmily."
"haha, did you forget your name?"

le sigh.....

"are you ok?"

"you're quiet"

those are the top 2....

It helps when people actually try to make conversation with you rather than AT you.

Silentknight

***sorry I just realized that I was venting out a bit***

The worst ones are the indirect ones since people don't talk to me they will talk to my friend about me and then she will tell me how her friends will tell her " your friend is so quiet" or "he should smile more" "why doesn't he talk" those alone hurt but to have to hear them come out of my friends mouth and knowing that she is being annoyed by these comments and having to defend me in a way letting her friends know I'm not some uptight a-hole makes me feel bad for her and that I shouldn't hang out with her so she isn't bugged by these comments even if it means spending even less time together then we already do (we only see each other every couple of months)

Last edited:

madness_lover

*If I look at something in a "strange" manner*

"Are you ok?" -yes, piss off--

"Why do you always look like that" --It's the face I was born with--

-----------------------------------

*By my family*

"Why don't you smile more? You're always frowning" --What do you want? Me to smile like a retarded clown 24/7 even my myself looking like a maniac?--

"Haven't you got a boyfriend already?? oh dear! --No, Are you dead yet? :D--

------------------------------------------------

*Whenever I drink,dance,flirt,curse or do something 'non shy and innocent'*

"OMG!! This CANNOT be you!! I can't believe this!! You're quiet..this is not like you!!! You're a saint! My how you've changed!!!"

--Look stupid I'm 22 years old..of course I know about sex. Just because I don't talk about it all the time or whore myself out every night doesn't mean I'm a saint or innocent. I'm an adult now, get used to it. And what just because I'm "quiet" does that mean I can't go dancing or have fun? >_>. You only know about me what I let you see--

MsBuzzkillington

I get "whoa! don't talk so much!" (sarcastic of course)

and "wow, do you ever stop talking?"

lololololol

Soo annoying

. Or when I DO talk. They say OMG you can talk!