What clothes do you wear?

Have you had to adapt clothing to deal with Hyperhidrosis?

What kind of clothing do you wear to help with sweating?

Those with Foot sweating what socks do you find the best and how often do you change them a day?

I find I only wear dark clothes and I wear a jacket over T-shirts so it cannot become visable, but it has be a layered or waterproof jacket otherwise I would sweat through them.
The problem with this is when the temperatures go up I still wear a jacket so in a way it makes my sweating worse as I'm even hotter but I feel a bit more comfortable knowing the sweat marks are not as obvious, not that I go out anywhere much as the sweating really has effected my confidence and my social anxiety ups, whenever I have a severe sweating episode.

laure15

I also wear a sweater over a shirt to cover sweat stains, but sometimes it can be so hot here especially during the summer that I look like a freak. Everyone would be wearing 1 layer but they see me wearing 2. I also wear dark clothes, but sometimes the stains are visible, if people look closely enough. I wear somewhat baggy clothes (even though they don't look good on me) because I feel cooler in them.

Last edited:

FriendlyShadow

I wear casual clothing, sneakers, long pants, and regualer looking shirts. But you know what I do enjoy though, is wearing autumn type of clothes. Like just warm looking clothes that look like autumn season.

hyp-hi

My wardrobe is definitely influenced by HH. As mentioned above, layers are great for absorbing sweat so it doesn't show through to the outside. For shirts I try to go with patterned material because it hides the sweat better. If you sweat in a solid color shirt it is very easy to notice. For pants, I go with jeans or dress pants that are water resistant so they don't show the sweat as much. For sock I go with ankle length cotton. I can get by with 1 pair in a day, but if I'm on my feet a lot say at work, then I might change them when I get home.

gg1101

I always wear an undershirt, though I don't really know why, since the sweat soaks right through my pits and shows through both layers. I wear mostly black or white clothing, so you can't see them as easily when I get pit stains. I go through probably 5 white undershirts a month. Recently I've purchased some of the Sutran shirts, and they actually work. People saw me wearing red or blue and are like holy crap, he isn't wearing black. My wardrobe would git a goth kid very nicely. Professionally, I mostly have to wear suits, so I stick to black suits with white shirts, so you can't tell how much I'm sweating. If the Sutran shirts weren't $50 a piece, I'd have 10 or 20 of them. I'm poor and in massive amounts of debt, so that's out of the question.

When I'm shopping for clothes, I always do a test in the changing room for the shirts I pick out where I put the garment in my mouth for about 10 seconds, then I look at it to see how noticeable it will be when it has a wet stain, since that will be the norm for my underarms. Kinda gross but that's what I do.

I mostly wear jeans, because if I were to wear linen shorts on a hot day, you'd get to see the asscrack sweat. Unfortunately, jean shorts are absolutely out of the question since I'm not Tim Tebow, and I would be ridiculed to solitude if I wore jorts.

mikebird

Banned
Naturally (hi blud pressure perhaps) self-heated, uncomfortable in strong sunlight or humidity, happiest in sandals in a drizzle. Wearing any jacket makes me regret it. Shorts. No hat or scarf. T-shirt at 12 degrees celcius 12º

I'll never be able to buy any clothes. Last shirt I got was in 2008

Last edited:

86theHH

Have you tried anything for treating the condition first? My feet have remained very dry with iontophoresis. You could also go for medicine such as Rubinol or a generic glycopyrrolate which will help with overall sweating on your body.

For dealing with sweaty feet, go with wool, seriously. Have you ever tried to wipe up a spill with wool? You'll end up spreading the spill around more with it because it naturally repels water. That is what you want!! Keep the water away from your foot!

Try the same thing with cotton. It soaks it up like a sponge. You don't want to trap moisture in a material especially if it is a sock. There are some blends of cotton and acryllics that are better than just plain cotton.

Using wool will move the moisture away from your foot and keep it dry. Otherwise, you will have wet feet and will eventually end up with athletes foot. That, my friend, is a whole new issue you do not want to deal with.

If you are concerned with wool being too hot, get wool dress socks. They are thinner, but still repel water effectively. Although in the summer if you are wearing shorts, it will look weird. Seek out SmartWool which is a company that makes excellent wool socks and have a variety of shorty socks and different colors (if that is your thing). They are on the pricey side, but healthy feet require better materials.

Modam

For dealing with sweaty feet, go with wool, seriously. Have you ever tried to wipe up a spill with wool? You'll end up spreading the spill around more with it because it naturally repels water. That is what you want!! Keep the water away from your foot!

This confuses me... don't you want something that will wick the moisture away from the foot? Wool won't do that - it repels the water, keeping it in your sock and around your foot. I personally avoid wool socks... they are too hot and don't wick water away. I think it's best to wear cotton socks, and keep a spare pair around in case they get too wet.

86theHH

Modam,

The wool naturally repels moisture and is one of the best materials you can use for keeping your feet dry as well as reducing odor.
Here are references which support this fact.

What you should know when buying socks

What Makes Wool So Special

Military personnel wear merino wool socks. Why? Because they are among the best socks.

BOOM!
:thumbup:Instant knowledge to help everyone maintain healthy feet.:thumbup:

If you are still not convinced that wool is the way to go and you need more references, just Google it.

:thumbdown: cotton :thumbdown:

Sprawling

That's wooly interesting. If I wear wool my feet will drip like a faucet. Unfortunately cotton is the only sock that agree's with me. Been wearing cotton over 50 years. It may not be the best for my feet and maybe I'm fortunate that my feet never smell. The sweating does break down the inside of my shoes and sneakers.

Sometimes what might be technically best is not.

Jezza

Personally I've had mixed experiences with materials that don't absorb the sweat (like wool). I mean the liquid still has to go somewhere and in some cases I find it less comfortable than cotton which absorbs the moisture but is still breathable material. For instance I bought some sports boxers that are supposed to wick sweat away but I found them very uncomfortable sweatwise.

That said I do have this one shirt for sports from Adidas that is amazing. It's made from a synthetic material like Nike Dri-fit but somehow it works a whole lot better. Very breezy, doesn't absorb the sweat yet doesn't make my torso a rediculous soggy mess underneath it either unlike wool. I've tried to buy more and similar shirts but somehow they don't all work as well...

Other than that for casual wear I usually wear dark jeans or black trouwers, black shirts with coloured prints (some color at least) or patterned shirts. For obvious reasons when possible I wear sweaters (no pun intended) over white or black shirts when it's not completely rediculous wheaterwise to not just wear a T-shirt. Alternatively to sweaters, in spring/early summer I also often where a T-shirt underneath a blouse (roll up the sleeves if necessary) or take a hoody with me for when the suns goes down and it gets chilly (with the added benefit of covering up some sweat patches...). I dig hoodies anyway for casual wear so that at least works out...

corranhorn

I wear a neoprene bicycle suit ;)

Actually, I wear the same thing every day. I have a closet with 12 of the same outfit (shorts and green shirt) just like the cartoon Doug.

akala

I put a natural deodorant balm (salubritas) on my feet and then top it off with 100% polyester socks, I know people say to wear cotton but that actually makes it worse for some reason. I don't do much with my hands though, sometimes I carry a paper towel but that doesn't exactly help.

parisscassie

Have you tried Certain Dri? I'm assuming you're talking about armpit sweating, I had the same problem until I got Certain Dri. It works really well and now I wear the clothes that. I want. Sadly, it doesn't work on my hands or feet :( maybe you should try it out?

Courtney27S

Well, I used to have this problem, mainly just with the underarms. For me, it helped to wear tape under my arms. I know it's weird, haha, but most of the time it would keep any of the sweat from coming out and ruining my clothes, so I got to wear whatever I wanted. It's a little painful, but I thought it was worth it. Make sure it's electrical tape, though, not just any kind. Hope this helps someone :)

Meganglr

I wear lots and lots of black tank tops or layers. I live in the desert where it gets to be over 110 in the summer so I have to be really careful, even wearing lots of black. I just started taking robinul yesterday but have yet to see massive improvement. Maybe time for Botox :(
Good luck to all :)

jaim38

I just tried out Courtney's suggestion. It definitely hurts a bit and is very uncomfortable, but I wouldn't use tape with white-colored or sheer tops.

Well, I used to have this problem, mainly just with the underarms. For me, it helped to wear tape under my arms. I know it's weird, haha, but most of the time it would keep any of the sweat from coming out and ruining my clothes, so I got to wear whatever I wanted. It's a little painful, but I thought it was worth it. Make sure it's electrical tape, though, not just any kind. Hope this helps someone :)

How about some sort of undershirt instead of tape?