What are you grateful for? what is good about your life?

I see a lot of posts on here that are about what is wrong with are lives and what we hate but none about what is good about are lives or what we are grateful for so here is one.

I am grateful that i am able bodied, i can use my legs/arms.
I am not in pain, i am not watching someone else in pain.
I am alive, i am not dieing or dealing with a terrible illness and no one in my family is either.
I am grateful that i have a roof over my head.
There is always someone worse off than me so i remember this when i start to get down.

Yes there have been a lot of things i have missed out on and places i cant go but things could be worse.

I have a loving family who now understand my SA.
My mum who meant the world to me died when i was 24 and i missed out on spending a lot more years with her but at least i did have a great mum for those 24 years.
My dad can be a grumpy bugger but he does so much for me and is always helping me out and drives me places i have to go.
My brother and sister are always only a phone call away.
I have a great hubby who excepts me for who i am and can not work cos of me but he never complains, he goes with me everywhere i go.
I have 4 lovely dogs who love me to bits and never fail to make me laugh.
I have a few great friends who have grown up with me so i have never had to hide my SA from them and they have adapted there plans on going out to fit me.
Even though i have social phobia and agoraphobia which has stopped me from doing some things i would of liked to, my life isn't all that bad if i really look for what is good about my life not look for what is bad about it and as i only have social phobia and agoraphobia it is curable so one day i may get to do the things i want to so for that i am grateful as others are not so lucky.:)

What are you grateful for?
What is good about your life?

lyricalliaisons

My mom is still alive
She's back at home & out of the hospital & nursing home
We'll soon have a place where she can finally get into the tub & take a shower again (she can't walk up the stairs to get to the bathroom here)

I have my three cats
They're all healthy

I don't have any horrible physical diseases

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I'm grateful that i'm not poor or living in the streets... and, despite the asthma, i'm physically healthy, i guess. I'm also thankful that I have my friends, I don't know what i'd be without them.

Last edited:

Emily_G

Oh wow I am grateful for sooo much!!

I am grateful for my Salvation and God's Word.
I am grateful for my wonderful husband who works very hard for his family.
I am grateful for my son.
I am grateful for my dogs.
I am grateful for enough $.
I am grateful for my house, food, bed, warm shower, etc.
I am grateful for my family.

So much more that I'm sure I have left out....God is good.

coyote

Ok, really... I'm grateful that I'm able to live in such a beautiful place.

I was just driving home from work along the bay. I stopped and walked down through the woods and sat by the shore, watching an eagle fishing as the sun set over the water. Very peaceful.

Krista

This was certainly a nice thread of you to make :)

-I'm grateful for the wonderful family I have.
-The beautiful home and country side I live in.
-Great friends here with me and all the good people here.
-That my SA is for the most part, under control and I have my life back
And....

My dog Mangus, who needs a man when I have him. He snores like one anyways ::p:

Moonie

I’m grateful for the few people that I was ever friends with or had romantic relationships with. I don’t make friends easily and I usually can’t keep them. But I cherish the memories and good times we had. They made me feel normal. And it gives me something to smile about. And I appreciate that they stuck around long enough to give me a chance to open up.

I’m grateful for all of my family. I especially am grateful for my brother because I can talk so easily with him, I can joke with him, and I can tell him the most secrets. In some way, talking with him is when I feel most myself.

I am grateful for animals.
They, unlike humans, won’t judge me on what I lack socially. I am grateful for my dog, because I considered him my only friend in high school.

This is going to sound shallow, but I am grateful that I am okay looking. I am not drop dead good-looking by any means. But, I think my looks are initially how I can get anyone to talk to me in the first place. I am not really proud about it, but when I am like the way I am, it’s my only opener. And my looks are starting to go, so I am clinging on to whatever I have left.

I am grateful for my past (and hopefully, future) creativity. I wish I can be as innocent and passionate about my creative pursuits like when I was in elementary, middle, and high school. I’ve lost some of it along the way (maybe from depression and trying to pursue other stuff.) But, hell, it got me through some depressing times as a teenager. And it gave me hope that I could be something, someday, that would get me noticed. Even if I know now how difficult that dream is.

Last edited:

lonely_drummer

There are only a few things I'm truly grateful for, one is nature. Everything about nature absolutely amazes me. I go hiking all the time just to see how the trees grow, how the animals live, it's awesome! The other are my very close friends who are my bandmates and a few great buds. I sure can't wait to get back home and see them

DarkSeeker

I'm not grateful for anything. I don't owe the universe anything, and my own well-being means little to me. I wouldn't mind being dead or one of those crazy vagrants you see talking to themselves on the street.

Of course that's a lie, but I've already spent 20 years almost literally living as a goddamn vegetable, and I'm so damn tired of it.

Noca

Banned
I got a comfortable life.
I got a car that works.
I got a nice computer and bedroom.
I got a caring mother.
I got an iphone.
I can still walk.
I am no longer.
I got access to any drug I want.
I got a best friend of 19+ years.

Vecis

I am grateful that in this time of crisis in my country I have relativity financial good life, I have regular food on the table. My parents have job and I am finishing my university.