Were you a planned baby?

Were you a planned baby?

• Total voters

mmmm

Why is this important?

I was curious. I always had this fantasy that I would have had no problems if just one parent had wanted me (I've been rejected by both my biologicals, my adoptive mom doesn't like me very much and my dad doesn't really count). I guess it's not true though because there are a lot of people in the top category.

twiggle

My conception happened when my parents found out that my Aunt's Cancer was terminal.
I can't help but feel that this grim reason for wanting to have sex sums up my often quite negative view of the world :p

shybutsexy

mmm no i dont think it makes any difference. I was a very wanted baby and all my family really loved me alot, they didnt start rejecting me and ignoring me untill i was about 9-10 when they found out i was an antisocial jerk, i became the black sheep of my family since all my 6 brother/sisters are outgoing persons just like my parents, and i was the only one with social phobia.

According to my dad, and I quote (translated) ''You were conceived because I like even numbers. We had 3 children, so we had to take another.''

The sweet irony of it is that I grew up to hate math, and numbered puzzles. Ha.

I just appeared as I am now

I was the kid that was supposed to save my parents marriage.

That is quite the heavy weight on the shoulders. Hope you don't dwell on it too much. You can only do your very best.

------

Yes I was planned. Or so they tell me. I have no reason to disbelieve and equally no reason to believe. The winning factor to believing what they say is true is they are truth. They have shown no reason hide 'n' lie.

Cynicalloner

I'm gonna say yes I was planned just because I was the fourth and last child I don't think that late they'd be having accidental babies.
lol

Tiercel

Yup. Parents wanted kids, and I was the first to arrive.

I beat my sister by 14 minutes, and my brother by 18 months. :)

harlseq

I'd say I was a welcome surprise for my mother. She loved me and still does...

I could not care less about my father... visited me one or two times that I remember... last time I must've been around 4 and I remember being largely ignored by him.

He was married and was dating my mom then he sprung it all on her when she told him she was pregnant. I'm cloudy on the details... don't really care to know... it'd be nice if he was really rich though and somehow died... then decided to leave some of the money to me.

out of four i was the only one planned, and im so greatful that still to this day both my birth mum and dad love me to bits and are still happily married.
even if sumtimes i wish they hadnt had me, but there are more plus sides to my life then bad.
: )
xx

lilymartens

I checked: I don't know. Nobody talks to me about that stuff. AND I was an unwelcome surprise, because of what I know thats the truth. My mom wanted to raise me alone, but my grandma (dads mom) talked her into marrying my father. Worst idea ever, made everybody miserable. (they are still together, and so is everybody still miserable)

ILovePocky

I was a planned baby. My half brother was the problem child and my sister was born with a lot of mental disabilities so I was basically their "last hope" of having a normal child. Lol.
It makes me feel like quite a disappointment sometimes, that I couldn't be someone they're proud of. They have so many expectations that I doubt I'll ever live up to them.

hoddesdon

Oddly enough, I feel my life would not have been missing anything without that piece of information. I can't imagine why.

StarShine

I truly don't know, but I feel as if I was a devastating financial bomb that destroyed my parent's lives...I guess an unwelcome surprise. Actually I believe they told me I was born cause of my mom's failure to take her birth control. And after I was born she got her tubes tied. o_O

BeauZa

Pardon my vote, as I do recall that I was not exactly 100% planned; my parents married upon discovery that the bun was in the oven.
Sadly Dad left when I was five, but Mum continued to give me a prety good life even to this day.