Weed and anxiety

madmike

Hey, just wanted to know, how does weed affect the majority of you? From what i've read, for a hell of a lot of you it seems to be a miracle cure for anxiety and depression, which i can't relate to at all since all the times i've tried it i've either just become very, very tired to the point i just needed to sleep, or incredibly agitated, to the point that i even had to seclude myself on a trip to amsterdam from all my 'friends', just so i could try to calm down and stop my thoughts from racing :cry: ... it's not just not a nice experience for me, it's sometimes been hell and back and while i'm high i just want it to end, so i regain control of my thoughts again...

So yeah, please let me know of any of your own experiences, if you've had them

dottie

i loved the escape that weed gave me. sometimes it would inspire me to be more creative or just see things from a different perspective. it was best when i smoked it alone, by myself so i wouldn't have to obsess about looking wierd around others and i could enjoy myself.

if i smoke in the presence of others i look like a CRACKHEAD. it confused everyone else! it would relax them but it would make me jerky and panicky, and like i said, i looked like a crackhead. it was embarrassing. all of my anxieties seemed to express themselves physically, i couldn't hide them- much like tourettes! my heart would pound, i would jerk my arms to my face a lot, my body seemed almost uncontrollable. my mind would race, i would become paranoid, and i had a hard time following storylines.

i remember one time i smoked weed and started to freak out. i was watching family guy but could not understand what was happening on the show. i started to panic because i wondered if i was retarded because my boyfriend was high and seemed to follow the show perfectly. lol well, i can follow the show fine when i am not stoned out of my gourd.

i still wonder though, like what is my mental status compared to other people. when stoned other people are still able to compute, not me, though. my mind goes nowhere, i can't understand implications and jokes. i can't follow anything. is it just me?

did you feel like you had tourrette's when you smoked weed?

did you have a hard time reading implications, jokes, and following storylines?

I had a similar experience smoking weed...for years I loved it but eventually, i don't know if it was because i smoked so much or because my anxiety was getting worse, but i used to get awful panic attacks when i smoked, really bad, worse than I had ever had before that and have ever had since. Those were the panic attacks when I really did think I was dying.
But before that it was good! :lol:

madmike

Yeah exactly, every time i've smoked it alone i've just become so engrossed in myself that i stop noticing anything around me. And then when i become concious of that, i try to focus on whatever i'm doing and just can't... if i watch a tv programme i completely lose the plot, and if i read something i take my eyes off the page every few seconds and just...think!. Around other people... i won't even go into it, that they think i'm a freak would be slightly understating it. i think i must have some degree of retardation, because i don't see anyone else acting like it lol (everyone else just seems to be cool and relaxed and much more talkative...)

But thanks for the reply, that's kind of what i wanted to know. I just don't understand how you can still smoke it though, because whenever i have some i vow to myself never to do it again cos it's so horrible :p (I still keep trying though... hoping it might give me some happiness as it does with normal people... that's faith lol, or just plain stupidity)

no1

Banned
i think marijuana affects me negatively not because of the marijuana itself but because of my situation, and/or I might abuse it. Not because marijuana is bad itself.

It makes me more self aware, for example im 6'3 an i dont really relize it until im high how much i intimidate people by being so quiet their like afraid of me or sumthing. I get twitchy too but i talk alot an laugh but some people like to fuck up your high an talk shit to you.

Richey

I have no idea where to even start when it comes to finding the drug or drugs in general ...you have to know friends that can get it i suppose, i had a drag of a spliff once and it made me feel calm ..

steve1

i believe if u suffer any form of anxiety then drugs aint recommended they will only make u more self consious and paranoid especially if in company over time they can make your SA a lot worse.
Peace to All.

freakystride

I find whenever I smoke weed I get really paranoid and tend to move around a lot, my hands and feet start going and at the beginning i feel really happy and smiley and as the high gets stronger I find that I turn into a more awkward person...I iscolate my self from conversations and tend to be more quiet because all i can do is think...! And I always think negativley and find my self soo unattractive.. and all I can think about is when is this high going to be over.. :roll:

Does any body feel this way?

sabbath9

Banned
Rush said:
Our first stop is in Bogota
To check Columbian fields
The natives smile and pass along
A sample of their yield
Sweet Jamaican pipe dreams
Golden Acapulco nights
Then Morocco, and the east,
Fly by morning light

We're on the train to Bangkok
Aboard the Thailand express
We'll hit the stops along the way
We only stop for the best

Wreathed in smoke in Lebanon
We burn the midnight oil
The fragrance of Afghanistan
Rewards a long day's toil, pulling into Katmandu
Smoke rings fill the air
Perfumed by a Nepal night
The express gets you there

Fairylicious

I need it...

Which totally sounds like an addict in denial, right?

So i guess i'm an addict... well, that's what all my old doctors used to focus on... thankfully i've just left my self-medication out of my dr. talks...

Back in college, i used weed to get through my day. I trained myself to be exceptionally functional. I'd bust out a week of 15 hour days between class (and i'd smoke before and during class breaks), work (i usually had like 2 or 3 jobs all of which i smoked through), and chillin' with the friends. I just taught myself not to get tired, or the munchies... but to use it as a way to chill the fuck out. Back in college, i was just ignoring the problem, or keeping problems at bay with lots of therapy... and that worked for a while.

these days, my relationship with weed is different. I still smoke everyday. probably multiple times a day... but if i am ever out, i really don't care (mostly because i know that i wont be for long). And it feels different. weed just keeps the edge off... I hardly ever get high like in the old days... i kinda miss it.... but i hate how i feel when at least i don' thave that little bit of help... especially if i have to be in public building.

but DRs don't get that.