Ugh Facebook.

PeterO

Every time I go back to Facebook briefly, I am quickly reminded why I stopped going there.

The only real reason I keep the account is for a few group discussions I need access to, and for promotional/artistic reasons (I'm involved in local theatre and it's a close-knit world), but whenever I start posting about other stuff -- even noncontroversial stuff -- someone (usually not a close acquaintance) decides to be a jerk.

I have a lot of issues with FB as a company, but I used to find it such a good place for an introvert. Why do people always ruin nice things?

Kiwong

Had some facebook fun yesterday. The town I live in was featured on the "Shit towns of Australia" page, which gave it a savaging, which I fully support and embellished in several posts. Then the indignant locals showed up with dick emoticons, request for me to give myself an uppercu ( I suggested the fat prick eat another hamburger), I was called a dumbo and a fool, for suggesting the town I live in takes itself too seriously. I suggested to one lady to go play Bingo at the bowlo, and roll home drunk on the courtesy bus, another to take her yappy dogs to the dog beach, but to watch out for druggos in the happy valley. I asked a man if he was a flag waving red-neck, there was a photo of a flag on the back of his mobility scooter

3 locals blocked.

Remus

Staff member
I've wondered about getting a FB SPW group up and running. This place has died thanks to bad advertising and zero input from you know who. Might be able to drag some people onto here as it's a great source of information.

RegalSin

You should make your opinions clear about Facebook as a service.

In my opinion Facebook has changed what is right and wrong on the internet. It has attacked

Freedom of Speech
Freedom of expression

In the form of a contract you sign when you first make your profile.

A profile is basically something that is initially used in a

POLICE PROFILE or POLICE LINEUP

That is the only other reference that is used in the public outside of the internet. Unless you practice trades/services that uses the term "profile". For me that word came from the news and television revolving around law activities.

With facebook you have tons of men ( including women ) being attacked with lawsuits due to "difference in age". In reality that is far from the truth but facebook has a

TOS

that basically forces you into a contract you agree upon. That is how facebook works against you.

I have seen tons of men who had normal healthy relationships and because a parent finds out and wants to go on the rampage. They use facebook as evidence in courtrooms.

It is in there TOS.

Facebook also ( and I repeat ) uses your images to market their product ( facebook ). So in another nation an ad could have your posts in their marketing. Painted on a wall, or printed somewhere without your knowledge.

I do not have a facebook but in my opinion the only reason I would use it is to market my work. That if I was working in a field that I have to market directly to people.

Facebook has become and identity for a safe-space. Because of that identity places like Twitter has followed in it's footsteps.

The worst part about facebook is that they own "Instagram" and while there are alternatives to instagram, facebook will constantly invite you and many people on facebook appear in the instagram lineup

AGAIN I SAY LINEUP AS IN POLICE TALK.

It is like with Youtube.

A poor dumb fool decided to show off his "weed" garden. It was a giant garden and the guy is literally like from another nation in Europe. Because of that video they tracked him down and did a sting operation to flush him out.

That is why I do not like facebook.......................................................................

Another reason why is the problem with whores. I mean big time whores and women who are so addicting to whoring ( including men ). People use this like COMPUTER DATING SERVICES. Simular to this video below..

That is why I do not like social media and wish things would stay with a forum and chatroom format.

Because of these social media websites they attract lawyers and vile people of related nature.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I've wondered about getting a FB SPW group up and running. This place has died thanks to bad advertising and zero input from you know who. Might be able to drag some people onto here as it's a great source of information.
If you did would it be separate from this site? Like, there would be no linking or posting stuff or peoples posts frim this site to the fb site?
One problem I have with fb is the constant "people you might know" suggestions. I dont want anyone from my part of the world knowing about me on spw via fb "people you might know" linking.
Of course I have no problem with a SPW fb page in general and if others want to use it. I'm just worried about how fb circulates and links things to people and how my posts here could end up being on fb..

Remus

Staff member
Yeah its tricky, I've had death threats on here in the dark SPW past. Not sure I'd want to run something FB groupwise, a page is different though.

grapevine

I must admit, ive gone off here for some time now as I have Facebook. Ive gone into my shell for a bit like us SPs do, maybe thats the ironic part of this site. Facebook tho, with al friends and family on there- the amount of energy when your down is too much. Ive left people hanging for over a year or so - because I just dont want to face people with a social commitment - be it only on Facebook lol.

But the groups on there can be a life source. Im in a juicing group and altho hardly ever post, the amount of positive changes are so inspiring that is all i go on there for.
I love this forum tho and altho i havent used it in some time, plan to as it made the world of difference to me when i was working on myself and challenging things in my life to try and overcome SP.

Had some facebook fun yesterday. The town I live in was featured on the "Shit towns of Australia" page, which gave it a savaging, which I fully support and embellished in several posts. Then the indignant locals showed up with dick emoticons, request for me to give myself an uppercu ( I suggested the fat prick eat another hamburger), I was called a dumbo and a fool, for suggesting the town I live in takes itself too seriously. I suggested to one lady to go play Bingo at the bowlo, and roll home drunk on the courtesy bus, another to take her yappy dogs to the dog beach, but to watch out for druggos in the happy valley. I asked a man if he was a flag waving red-neck, there was a photo of a flag on the back of his mobility scooter

You may of mentioned your town in the past but these days i aint remember anything. Was it in SA lol..

PeterO

What happened that led to so many people leaving? I remember much more activity here.