Totally New Ionto Expeiment -- Galvanic Stimulator

solutionsexplor

Thanks for all the help and encouragement, Sprawling.
Did my first treatment today. Started with 3.5 but didn't even feel anything so upped it to 4. It was actually mild and relaxing. Should I up to 5?
I feel there are too many things with this setup.
Can I just use 2 bigger aluminum pans/trays and put both hands and feet in each tray?
I read some people are using this 2 big tray setup. I would like to know if its s is as effective as 4 plastic trays and grill toppers setup and safe.

Sprawling

You can do the 2 large aluminum tray things. No right or wrong way. I prefer the 4 trays. I use less than a gallon of water. I don't think one is more effective than the other. I have changed my tray setup numerous times over the years. It's whatever works and you are happy with. That simple! Experiment to see what you like best.

I set mine at 4 sometimes. 5 for me would feel way too uncomfortable. Settings depend on your water also.

solutionsexplor

If there is no difference technically, i would like 2 tray setup.
Should my hands and feet touch each other when in same tray?
Top and sides of my feet sweat too, should I submerge them up to ankles? Doesn't ionto works only on the areas treated?

Sprawling

Hands would go in one tray, feet in the other.
I used to have the water cover my entire foot. It surely helped. Need high trays though.

solutionsexplor

Ok, I guess the non stick coating wont work. I got pure aluminum baking pans.
Until yesterday I had 4 days of treatments done. I was fine and bone dry during the day and even at drs office (he knew about my sweating issue). Later I went to have dinner at close friends, I was sweating the whole time. Does this mean ionto is failing for me? should I change anything?

solutionsexplor

Cont..
During the treatments I sweat only after hot shower, as soon as I wake up and little bit when it got hot.
Yesterday evening it was cold outside, their house was warm/hot. I wasnt dripping but noticeable/visible sweat from my toes and feet. I mightve left sweat foot prints on their wooden floor :(

Sprawling

I have days I'll sweat randomly (Hands) for no apparent reason. Sometimes in a social situation sometimes not. Just because we do ionto doesn't mean we will remain dry all the time. Our central nervous system is still messed up.

CharlesN

To show an example of how fickle it can be - I was pretty much bone dry for 25-26 months doing the maintenance 1 time a week or 8 days. I decided to start pushing the envelope and pushed it to 14 days. I started having about 3 to 4 "mildly damp" episodes in between so I went back to once a week. I have been bone dry again since. I do 40 minutes per polarity with my homemade gadget. I bought a Galvanic Stim on Sprawling's recommendation but planning on using up my last set of lantern batteries first.

Good luck and stick with it. The simple fact you saw results in just 3-4 days is awesome. I did it for 7 days straight before even a mildly noticeable change. Then finally saw decent results after about 11 days straight. Then every other day for a few weeks then every 3-4 days, until I finally settled on once a week.

solutionsexplor

I am normally dry if there is no stress, social settings or heat involved. 3-4 into treatments is not much I guess.
Since I failed utterly at a friends home as I was sweating profusely the whole time and once I came out I was bone dry I wanted to check if I am doing everything right.
Since I sweat occasionally, is ionto right for me?
How do I know if ionto is working?
How long should I continue the daily treatments before I go on to maintenance?
What can be a good test to see its working in my case?
If Ionto worked for me, and when I have those sweat days would it be just like moist/damp hands for short time or profuse sweating in the whole situation?
I understand everyone is different no one can guarantee how it will work for me but I would like to know more abt those sweaty days for people who had success with ionto.

solutionsexplor

I upped the current from 4 to 4.5 on the galvanic device. Feeling zaps like crazy when putting hands in and feeling the current on my wrists all the time and on hands for first 5 mins. Does this mean this is the right amount of current?
I am currently using two big aluminum trays for both hands and feet, adding baking soda to tap water.
Daily 15 mins each polarity.
Is this method most effective? Heard putting both hands in one tray might not pass the required current. Since I am using aluminum trays at 4.5 setting, I am feeling more current than 4 plastic trays with aluminum grill toppers.

Sprawling

The whole point of the Galvanic is that it's pulsed current. The only pain you should feel is when you first put your hands in the trays. 4.5 setting is kinda high for ME. I dial it to where I barely feel anything 3.5 - 4.

It seems you are using the galvanic in a way someone uses a non-pulsed unit such as the Fischer Md-1a unit. I use it to reduce pain.

The galvanic is high powered, there should be no need for no need for adding baking soda.

Jonathanhh

If you sweat more than a 'normal' person then iontophoresis should be right for you - especially if you've tried other options

You should notice a difference in warm weather, or social situations when it's working - again everyone's different so may be different for you

Continue treatments until you become dry, or relatively close

Good test may be just rubbing your hands (at least for me), or doing something that's made you sweat before and see if there's improvement

Like Sprawling said; our nervous system is still messed up, but for me if I do sweat then it's only for a short period of time; not all day

It took me 7 weeks (30 treatments) before becoming dry, so don't give up and good luck!