Time to say hello :)

Crawling

I've been cruising around here for a couple of days now and tought it was abouth time I said hello to all of you.

I've never been to a doctor but I'm so sure SA it what I'm dealing with. I have the same thoughts and feel the same as a lot of you do. Just getting through the day doing regular stuff like going to the grocery store can be hard.

Anyway, I'm a 22 year old girl from Norway. HI everybody! Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

Hi and welcome.. and do see a therapist.. no matter what some people on the forum would say... all the best! :D

Hey welcome Crawling!

Well, if you really want to know if you have SA or not, you should talk with your doctor. Your doctor can refer you to see a psychologist. Your psychologist can help you with CBT. My advice is to talk with a psychologist that is right for you. I wouldn't wait too long with this.

Crawling

I'm going to see my doctor about it. I just changed my doctor to one closer to where I live. I didn't like my last one so I didn't wanna talk with her about it. I'm not sure what to say to to the doctor either :confused:

Silvox Black

Greetings and welcome. I hope you enjoy your stay here. As for finding a doctor...well...I suppose if you are lucky enough to find one who is not a typical ignorant who knows nothing about the craft, then well done for you. It would be best if you could find one such as that.

I'm going to see my doctor about it. I just changed my doctor to one closer to where I live. I didn't like my last one so I didn't wanna talk with her about it. I'm not sure what to say to to the doctor either :confused:

Just start telling your doctor about your problems, your struggles, the things that are holding you back in life. Tell your doctor that it really bothers you in your daily life and that you would like to talk with a psychologist. Just tell your doctor what you think you need to to tell him/her. Your doctor will understand it.

Nicholas

Welcome, nice to meet ya :)
I wouldn't really go see a doctor... Family doctors tend to minimize those problems and either give you meds or tell you to go see a psychiatrist (who'll give you meds).
I can tell you that meds won't solve your problem. If your SA is not extremely severe, if you try hard every day you can definitely see good results pretty quickly.

Welcome, nice to meet ya :)
I wouldn't really go see a doctor... Family doctors tend to minimize those problems and either give you meds or tell you to go see a psychiatrist (who'll give you meds).
I can tell you that meds won't solve your problem. If your SA is not extremely severe, if you try hard every day you can definitely see good results pretty quickly.

Well, a psychologist will only give you medication like antidepressant or propranolol if your SA is really worse. I have generalized SA. I have had 12 sessions of CBT. My pychologist told me that my social development went more slowly compared to her other patients, but I didn't need medication. Usually a psychologist will deliberate about medication with the patient. They usually will start with CBT first. If that doesn't work or if you as a patient think you need more, then they can give you meds. Therapy is better in my opinion, cuz you just need to learn how to face your fears. Medications for anxiety can be very effective, but they shouldn’t be thought of as a cure. Anxiety medication can provide temporary relief, but it doesn’t treat the underlying cause of the anxiety disorder. Once you stop taking the drug, the anxiety symptoms often return in full force.

Ebbe

Welcome to the forum! I would definitely recommend you see a therapist. Especially because it's very cheap to do so in Norway and you will have nothing to lose. You could just see your doctor and ask him/her to set you up with a therapist.
If you then find out that you need medication, you can always go back to your regular doctor for a perscription. I have lived in Norway for a while, and I had no problem getting medication.
Can I ask you what part of Norway you are from? If you feel uncomfortable revealing it here, you can PM me.

Crawling

Welcome to the forum! I would definitely recommend you see a therapist. Especially because it's very cheap to do so in Norway and you will have nothing to lose. You could just see your doctor and ask him/her to set you up with a therapist.
If you then find out that you need medication, you can always go back to your regular doctor for a perscription. I have lived in Norway for a while, and I had no problem getting medication.
Can I ask you what part of Norway you are from? If you feel uncomfortable revealing it here, you can PM me.

I'll send you a PM :)

xSleepy

Welcome to the forum. I actually can't believe you are from Norway! I know a few guys here from there and we've been wondering if any girls from there would ever join. And now, here you aree!!! =D