this is how i disappear

chibiXphantom

one thing im really good at is completely disappearing on people. instead of confronting or talking about it, i avoid the person entirely and never speak to them again. if it's a guy i dont want to see, i ignore their calls, texts, messages, block them and just vanish. if it's a job i want to quit, i just stop showing up and ignore their calls. i've left a few places without saying good bye to people (or to as few people as possible). i suddenly delete social media without warning. i dont show up to parties or other events, again ignoring all texts or calls...

i've disappeared out of peoples lives entirely sometimes. suddenly just stopping communication and contact. i've done that to nearly everyone i knew that wasnt family to the point where i had no friends for a while. i have friends again. they're nice... but i'm getting the urge to disappear from their lives too...

(yes, title is a my chemical romance song title, because the title i wanted was too short. had to get creative...)

aloneloner

I do the same thing. I'm sure a lot of people do for different reasons.
...Although it could be a symptom of SAD, maybe.?

LoyalXenite

I too vanish and cut people out. But to contrast that i also give everything i have to my loved ones even when it is tearing me apart

dannyboy65

I do the same thing Chibi, except I usually ain't missed or anything, in fact no one even notices most of the time. I honestly would be sad if you disappeared because I consider you a good friend, even though I only talk to you on this site.

But I know the feeling of wanting to disappear I feel it a lot. But I'm to afraid too because of some of the things I built up. Honestly I don't know how I move on everyday. But if you ever want to chat I'm always here to listen.

fate12321

I do that a lot as well. Lately, I've distant myself with my high school friends. I haven't spoken to them in over 3 months. Somehow, I don't miss them.

zharl

I feel ya. Making connections is one thing. Maintaining connections is an entirely different animal.

nicole1

Yes. I think they call it ghosting. Confrontation can be overwhelming. I do the same from time to time.

Coriakin

Do you think this ghosting thing is typical for OCD? Do you sometimes do it just for a little bit? My man has Aspergers and OCD and he does it for when he is on overload. I'm just trying to understand so I can be respectful, respond in a helpful way.

SpaceTime

I do this too. Not necessarily to avoid a confrontation on something. Sometimes I have simply had enough of people for a while. I find being with people can often be exhausting, it takes a lot of my energy. Classic introvert symptom. So when my energy levels are low, like now, I just prefer to be reclusive. At some point I will hopefully be more energetic again and reconnect.