things that trigger depressive thoughts

recluse

i find that anything can influence my depressive thoughts, like my depression lies dormant then some outer influence makes it explode into life. For example; my sister mentioned a guy she knew who got rejected by a girl and he continued to persue her even though she only liked him as a friend. I'll be watching tv/film and a character gets rejected by a girl. Any sex scene/makeout scene in a film etc drives me to a fit of jealousy same goes irl with people around me in relationships. Hearing about peopel being cheated on as i have trust issues. A girl i ahve oneitis for texting me saying shes having a good time in some disco. Generally anything that reminds me that i am a loser drives me to feelings of despair.

AsTimeBurns

Other people being happy and having the things I want, that can cause it sometimes. Like seeing a happy couple or something.

recluse

but what about unhappy lonely people? Do you also feel sad seeing them because you can see yourself in that person? I can spot loners because they have a certain look/vibe about them and i realise that i probably radiatethe same kind of vibes to others. If i see a socially awkward on tv i feel uncomfortable because i know how it feels.

U

user deleted

Yeah, if I notice other people are lonely, or I watch/read something about a lonely character I feel really awful.

recluse

Yeah, if I notice other people are lonely, or I watch/read something about a lonely character I feel really awful.

Oops just realized i double posted this thread.

Anyway yeah that's it, same goes when you hear of some poor bugger who has died and not been discovered for weeks even months, only being discovered becasue the neighbours complain of smells. I think to myself f###! That could be me in the future.

When i see a homeless person i feel sad, a lot of people have no sympathy blaming them for ''making themselves'' homeless.

'Elanor Rigby' is a song which brings me deep sadness when i listen to it.

recluse

I actually get a warm fuzzy feeling seeing people that are awkward or useless being happy. It reminds me not to compare myself to people who achieve. Just to try to be happier than I am.

But are they really happy or are they just good actors?

Seeing people walking by laughing in a group. I´m a loner at school basically. it makes me really sad. But I start to accept it. To not be sad by it, just enjoy the sun who acompanies me or the birds.

JuiceB

Laughter. Cerftain songs playing on people's car radio. Seeing groups of people conversating together. Other lonely people. The reflection of myself in the mirror.

Generally anything that reminds me that i am a loser drives me to feelings of despair.
You hit the nail on the head.

EscapeArtist

I actually get a warm fuzzy feeling seeing people that are awkward or useless being happy. It reminds me not to compare myself to people who achieve. Just to try to be happier than I am.

me too lol... sometimes feel guilty for not wanting other people to be happy

LifeInternal88

Yea, some things trigger depressing thought patterns. I'm actually trying to break some useless thought patterns that are more habits than reflecting what's currently going on.

But are they really happy or are they just good actors?

Some people just don't care about what they can and can't do/have. The perfect mix of shamelessness, pride, coping mechanisms and philosophy.

I have a great deal of respect for these people. They live in the moment, and live their life as they want to live it.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Havin' to endure the following, short "conversation" - for lack of a better word:

Are ye awright?!

Me: Aye, fine

Are ye sure, now? Ye look a bit depressed

Me (internal thought): (sigh!) for fu...

Fighter86

Feel depressed when I see couples or attractive people. . I just feel like I missed out so much in life.

truffleshuffle

Laughter. Cerftain songs playing on people's car radio. Seeing groups of people conversating together. Other lonely people. The reflection of myself in the mirror.

You hit the nail on the head.

I agree with reclusea boanything that can remind me I am a loser dose it no matter if its a moive a song or people and seeing other sad people also.