The world. I find it depressing. Literally, the world.

Pookah

Don't let "homeland security" know that.... They believe that guns are evil and dangerous and load themselves and shoot innocent people all on their own... :D

I know its not cool that a bill passed making it so people being foreclosed on/bankrupt can't have their guns confiscated to make up money....but we can't give the responders to 9/11 free health care for health issues created by responding to 9/11.

staticreflex

If you look at the world population from the past then look at it now you will realize you are kidding yourself about there not being that large a population.

Lots of wide open spaces? About 400 years ago the entire USA was a wide open space...

idk, I just drove from Michigan to Pennsylvania and almost hit deer twice and saw lots of wide open spaces. even in ny state there is lots of forested areas everywhere. My problem is when I do drives like that or get into an airplane and look down on all the unpopulated areas I feel small, insignificant, and alone.

That is hella depressing and I get so angry when people just ignore it all like we make no impact either way. People just pop out kids they can't care for, rape the world of its resources and kill each other.

yeah.. ignore is the key word there... I don't think people actually care at all about their descendants... I mean, that's their problem right? And the human mind cannot understand exponential growth in the real sense of the term anyway...

Ineffective..for now. But, with how we're preventing man from adapting to all diseases with vaccinations and other "cures", there will be one eventually that we cannot hide from... we as a species are very vulnerable thanks to our reliance on our "advancements" and invetions. I hope that global warming and the predicted increase of natural disasters will take that role. It's random, at least. I just hope that we can learn to control our population before we sacrifice everything. Earthquakes, for instance, you'd think they'd only damage the human population seeing that we've put ourselves in death traps (houses). I don't really know what i'm saying anymore :confused: Has anybody watched that show "Life After Humans" on the history channel? It's very reassuring to know that the earth will repair itself, however slowly, as soon as we're gone lol.... although I find the show rather phony, I'd like to believe it anyways.

I'm not too sure if the humans will get wiped out at the first full scale global disaster. More likely, the super rich will know of it beforehand and set up their little nests in the higher regions of the world. The rest of us will have to duke it out and probably eventually die...

Once the turmoil is over, they'll be back again to pillage the resources. I'm not saying that they're inherently bad, just that they'll likely be the ones to survive.

Yeah, but everything you can possibly think of is happening right now.
A sun just exploded. A galaxy is colliding (albeit that will play out in slow motion). Someone got murdered. Someone got raped. A car just collided with another. Someone won the lottery. There were just 15 trillion billion lightning strikes, some of them sprites, some of them on other planets, and someone just got struck.
You could go on and on and on and on.
Things happen. There's not much you can do about it.

MollyBeGood

This is an old one, oh well it is still relevant I'd say!

I love this planet, it is a beautiful paradise. The people who inhabit it however need to all die. Except of a few hundred cool people which we'd have the whole world to ourselves so it would never seem crowded. That is my dream.

Sacrament

There should be a website for numbers such as "number of trees that were planted today", "number of people who've helped homeless people today", "number of people who've helped an old lady cross the street today", "number of animals saved by complete strangers today", etc.

I suppose if it depresses you, maybe try to do something about it. Does deforestation make you sad? Then go out and plant a tree nearby; give a homeless person a jacket you don't want anymore, or food.

LoyalXenite

There should be a website for numbers such as "number of trees that were planted today", "number of people who've helped homeless people today", "number of people who've helped an old lady cross the street today", "number of animals saved by complete strangers today", etc.

I suppose if it depresses you, maybe try to do something about it. Does deforestation make you sad? Then go out and plant a tree nearby; give a homeless person a jacket you don't want anymore, or food.

Thats really a great idea! :thumbup:
I wish there was something like this

S_Spartan

This is an old one, oh well it is still relevant I'd say!

I love this planet, it is a beautiful paradise.

To me a paradise would be a place that actively nurtures it's inhabitants rather than pit them against each other in a game of survival of the fittest. And it's for that reason that I can't call this world a paradise with or without humans.

For the time being humans are winning the game but like they say, once a parasite uses up the host then it's game over.

Kiwong

The Paris shooting really affected me, this extremist religious insanity. Mt neighbour wants all Muslims wiped out, seriously! My local member wants Australia to close its borders to refugees. Made my desire to get the hell away from people altogether that much stronger

Kiwong

Perhaps some people on this thread do something about it? Doesn't mean what's going in in the world doesn't depress them.

Last edited:

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
there is a self correction mechanism in nature that happens to every species when it's population gets out of control. Nature will self correct the imbalance through environmental factors such as famine, disease, even war.

We are no different there. Resources are dwindling, our population is growing. It's unsustainable. We as a species are stupid.

There will be that 'self correction' with our species one day. Maybe not in our lifetime, but it will happen.

If I could, I'd teleport to a new planet and only allow a select few to come.