The Metal Thread

slimjim119

iv always liked the riff at 2:56 minutes into the song..not the solo, I mean the rhythm guitar section in the background.

this is another song of theirs where they have a bad *** riff change at around 2:56 minutes..idk if its just coincidence or the way they structure their songs though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de-xO3pUEd0

Rust in peace always stood out to me. Longer guitar solos and frequent tempo changes.

AtTheGates

Banned
Iv always liked Godsmack..they were one of the first metal bands I got into when I first started listening to metal way back when i was like 8 or 9...lol

Nanita, you should check out deafheaven.they've got kind of a different take on black metal...it almost sounds like black metal combined with post metal.

and you've probably already heard of Leviathan but his stuff is good to listen to if you want to hear something a bit darker than sunbather.

Last edited:

AtTheGates

Banned
^I remember the first time i heard that album i was really stoned. a friend burned it to a cd for me way back...I can't decide if I like it more than master of puppets but hit the lights is a classic thrash metal song.