The Confession Booth

I've noticed that many of the people here (including yours truly) are sometimes tormented by a fierce feeling of guilt and/or selfishness that hangs over them because of events occurred in the past or present.

That's why I thought a thread where you can just confess and throw it out there would be a good idea. Big or small, it doesn't matter. If you want to confess, then do so. :3

Despite the tittle of the thread, this is not religiously exclusive. It is meant to help you forgive yourself. All are welcome. ;)

[I want to request that everyone posting/replying in this thread are to be respectful to other confessors, as I'm sure some confessions might be worse then others. No ''You're a terrible person'' posts please.]

Last edited:
To break it in so it won't be so daunting for others, I'll go first. Some of my darkest, in fact. Here goes..

I've thought of killing someone before. I was 10 at the time. Again when I was 16. Never went through with it, and never will.

I used to be quite a pervert. I never did anything because of it, but it wasn't healthy, I'll say that much.

And a final one, I am in the Furry fandom. I've been reluctant to keep that hidden until now because of the many lies and misconception about it. If you do not know what it is, well, you can Google it, but do note that the MAJORITY of the information is incorrect.

Last edited:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
And a final one, I am in the Furry fandom. I've been reluctant to keep that hidden until now because of the many lies and misconception about it. If you do not know what it is, well, you can Google it, but do note that the MAJORITY of the information is incorrect.
If you're asking people to google it, but note that most of what they google will be incorrect, then how can they learn? :confused:

If you're asking people to google it, but note that most of what they google will be incorrect, then how can they learn? :confused:

Well, I could say not to Google it, but that's how most people get their information.

What I meant was is try to disregard information that seems over exaggerated. There's allot of hateful lies disguised as information that portraits it as a dangerous, perverted and sometimes even criminal fandom. Which is not true.

I guess if people really want to know, this page seems to be pretty honest: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_fandom#Music_and_film

Last edited:

Danfalc

Banned
I think this is a good idea and I don't think you should feel silly for posting in it.I think a big part of learning to get over our illness is accepting ourselves for who we are and forgiving ourselves.

I can't really top how honest you were in your post's Puma.But one dirty little secret of mine is I used to have quite the bad drug problem starting in my teens and carrying on into my twenties.I can thankfully say it's behind me now and has been for a few years,but it's still something I feel a great deal of shame about.

Confessing, hard to do. To be honestly open, difficult to see. Honestly.
It could be the thought of confessing, my mind pulls on empty thoughts.
In time I may find something.
I will say this, it is easier to confess when someone else has done the same.
Thoughts of killing, have done. Acted on them, have not done. There is no heart pounding excitment with the thought. Just putting an end to annoyance. It is wrong, I know.

AGR

To break it in so it won't be so daunting for others, I'll go first. Some of my darkest, in fact. Here goes..

I've thought of killing someone before. I was 10 at the time. Again when I was 16. Never went through with it, and never will.

its not that dark,I have thought about it lots of times,I assume most people do or did,now acting on this is a whole other story.

Last edited:

treasure77

Okay.... here goes....
I am a pathological liar. Not usually about big things but I lie to excuse myself from situations like "Oh sorry I didn't make it to your party but I wasn't feeling well"... and was fine physically just had major anxiety about going that sort of thing mostly.
But there have been times, mainly when I was younger that I made up BIG lies to excuse something or other. There have been a few times I made up an excuse for why I was gaining weight i.e. prego. I don't know why at the time that sounded better then I've just been really depressed so I've been eating everything that doesn't move. I've lied about being really sick before just so people wouldn't think I was lazy because I wanted to lay in bed all day because I was so depressed. I am trivializing my reasons behind doing these things but at the time I couldn't find a way to say I'm hurting please help me. So instead I didn't want them to hate me or think badly of me so I lied, again and again and again.
I'm trying to stop but after years of being my go to its almost like a reflex now and I have to make a truly conscious decision not to lie and be honest even when it hurts. I still slip up some times, but now that I'm trying to heal from my mental calamities I realize that I'm the only making matters worse by lying.
Man I love my counselor she makes me realize its okay to not be perfect and just accept my weaknesses and try to overcome them not hide them and lie about them. Okay that feels better.... ahhhhh::eek::

U

userremoved

Heh, I don't think I've got the balls to pull this one off. Some things I don't even feel comfortable speaking out loud in private.

Ritta

My brother's cat would never do that. He thinks anyone who comes in the house is a scratching post. So if you ever come over and the cat starts meowing asking to be petted, don't fall for it. He will scratch you ::p:

My confession is that I like to buy men's clothes. They're so comfy! Why are you guys the only ones who can be comfortable, huh? :rolleyes: