The Car

How many here have a car? I have always imagined dating a woman and her looking gobsmacked that I have no car. Worse still, she drives me around.

I have these thoughts too. I have driver's license, but i don't have a car. I rarely drive my parents car. They don't trust me, they don't want to give me their car... They think i will make an accident. My parents gave me a bike when i was something like ~16 years old... I have never learned how to drive normally... My parents didn't let me do a lot of things and now i'm scared of doing anything... The car is too big responsibility for me...

recluse

I feel rather embarassed to say that i have two cars::eek::

I didn't get my first car untill i was 19 even though i passed my test at 17, because that's when i got my first job to be able to afford running a car. Having a car/transport is essential where i live because there's only two buses a day and they don't go direct to the place i work.

Well some women would probably judge a guy for not having a car, like when i was in college somone asked a girl out for me as a joke and she said that she wouldn't consider going out with any guy unless he had a car. So yeah some girls are shallow in that way but as long as the girl like you then she shouldn't be bothered whether you own a car o'r not.

I was fine on the forklift truck at work. In fact, I rather enjoyed it with all the open space, there were only four of us who worked at the warehouse. On the main road, that is another matter. I just would not trust myself because I over think everything. What if I had a small bump with the car? I could not deal with exchanging information; I cannot write in front of people, I would spell my own name wrong because I go blank.

MrDooBee

I have no car and im scared of driving also :eek: . I tried to get lessons once but wasnt comfortable with the instructor, nice guy but just a bit blunt and i dont think he understood how much it scared me, he said i was doing fine but i was terrified!

Predacon

I used to think about it alot, but the idea of all the testing and then the actual driving, it just felt like a big hassle. Now I just take the bus and don't worry about it.

slimjim119

I have a car. Driving is relaxing for me if the traffic isn't too bad. It helps clear my head. Especially on country roads. But passing the road test was a problem. I failed twice. I dreaded those tests. I think the instructor could see my hands shaking.

acreepyperson

i have a car. it all was somewhat of a hassle to get my license....failed the written test 3 times...the road test twice. but definately worth it. driving rules

tommydog

Banvard, if you dont feel as though you could be a safe driver maybe you get driving lessons with a proffesional, your confidence is bound to increase over time.

Look 16 year old girls (no offence intended to any young ladies reading) go and get there licenses you cant be any worse then them look at it that way. Driving instructors have seen it all and they arnt there to critisize you they are there to help you drive safely.

I dont have a car I sold it as I lost my license for various traffic offences. I am eligable to get my licence back now but im in no hurry im pretty happy without the expense of a car as I dont feel I really need it right now.

Why ? Because I hardly go anywhere and im not dating. If I was then yes I would view the car as essential. You should go for it mate.

tommydog

With exchanging details in the case of an accident as you mentioned, if you not comfortable with that maybe you could consider ways you could prepare, for instance you could make sure you have all relevant details already written down on a piece of notepaper which you could hand to an other driver. Maybe on another piece of paper you might keep in your wallet you could write down procedures you should take in the situation, for instance what details to take, photos, call the cops if needed, ect.

I know what you mean when I get nervous or feel pressured I sometimes also forget half the things im supposed to say, so sometimes I write it down and go off my list.

Anubis

My best friend who just got engaged has no car. He gets around everywhere by bus. I guess it's all about how high your self-esteem is when considering the worth of having a car or not.

I do though and I value it a lot.

Heh, it's in our minds. Some people around me don't have a car but have girlfriends. But a lot people bite me for not having a car. They don't understand why i have no car. I say to them that i have no job. I think it's one of our societys bad attitudes. People are materialists. I see my friends taking big loans to buy a car and have a better than his friends. One took a loans as much as he could... I'm very weard at that point for them.

sabbath9

Banned
Gotta have a car here in Miami, public transportation sucks. I wish I could ride my motorcycle more, but all the senior citizen and immigrant drivers here are hell bent on killing bikers.

Perfidion

I have a car.

Driving is incredibly liberating, and my car is like my personal bubble that allows me to travel about without actually having to interact with anyone. I find walking down the street a lot more unpleasant than operating a vehicle, and for those of you terrified of taking that first step... do it. Once you can drive you'll feel a lot better about yourself and you'll be more independent.

Oh, and this is my car. :D

Attachments

• celica.jpg
    celica.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 21