Telling someone she has a great smile

cowboyup

I say go ahead and tell her, be sincere but not too mushy. And don't do a creepy smile back and you should be fine :)

Maybe nonchalantly say "hey, I just wanted to say you have a very nice smile"

I have been complimented on my looks (not to sound arrogant) and it made my day - though I blushed, but after it was said and done, it made me feel good.

nightcrawler

I say go ahead and tell her, be sincere but not too mushy. And don't do a creepy smile back and you should be fine :)

Maybe nonchalantly say "hey, I just wanted to say you have a very nice smile"

I have been complimented on my looks (not to sound arrogant) and it made my day - though I blushed, but after it was said and done, it made me feel good.

This is pretty much my thinking on it. I know I will probably blush just saying it, and maybe she will, but at the end of the day I've said it and it's out there. I'll feel good for saying it, and hopefully she will too.

Although some of the "alpha-all-the-way" types out there might say don't compliment a woman at all (I think that's a bit extreme, personally, but those men have a lot of pride and see things differently), I don't think there's anything wrong with saying something like that, as long as you keep the flattery to a minimum and lay off the mush (as cowboyup said). It's certainly better than some variant of "you're hooooooot!!!1!"

Personally, I find receiving a compliment about your smile something that really sticks in your mind because it isn't something you can easily change the appearance of, and it's very personal as it conveys something from inside of you to the rest of the world. I think it's one of the best non-sexual compliments you can receive. It also makes the person receiving the compliment smile even more :)

Kiwong

She might be embarassed, but secretly she'll love you for it.

Maybe tell her your job as a postie is not always that enjoyable, but her smile makes it worthwhile.

Kiwong

That's the sort of thing I would advise not doing, but just my opinion of course.

Well, I wouldn't expect anyone to take my advice anyway because I am a walking disaster in the area of personal communication.

However I'm not sure what would be the problem? He complimented someone who seems to be pretty relaxed about life by smiling in the first place.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
However I'm not sure what would be the problem? He complimented someone who seems to be pretty relaxed about life by smiling in the first place.

She might infer from that statement that she's the one thing that keeps him going; which suddenly puts her in a position of inappropriate importance in his life given that they don't even talk much. Could make her very uncomfortable.

Kiwong

I don't think it's a matter of him trying to talk himself out of it. I think he should just consider how he's going to say it, and that's important.

I guess he could worry so much about the way he is going to say it, that he will never say anything at all.

Mehh

Man, this thread made -me- smile. I know that you're posting because this is a real problem for you (it would be for me, too). But gosh.

This is so cute.