Super-social people

Hey :)

Do you also have a anxious feeling when you meet people online and you see pictures that he/she is really super-social? Like going out alot, with many crowds of friends around her, I don't avoid those people but it just gives me an anxious feeling. Because I think they won't understand me really good. ( the SA part )
I'm just wondering if someone relates to this.

davidburke

yes when i see pictures of people out with friends all the time, like on facebook it makes me a little depressed

lyricalliaisons

I get anxious because I wonder/worry about what they would think of me if they knew my situation. I'm even worse around those kinds of people in real life, though. I was always worried when I took classes on campus because there were people there like that.

Pink_Paula

I tend to avoid super social people, they always ask me "so what are you doing at the weekend" or "what have you been up to" and it sucks having to say nothing all of the time, especially when they are out and about constantly, they can't understand how i can be so unsocial, so i avoid them mainly because i'm embarrassed and it's easier that way because i don't have to answer their questions!

Vecis

I more dislike people who are loud outspoken and think that they have right answers to everything and they all are super social. I also dislike arrogant fools who are overacting and are proud of their dumbness and who hate smarter people. In my case I am not anxious of super social people- I simply hate them.

Last edited:

apollo

I'm not anxious with super-social people, I work with a bunch of them. But I

do tend to lie about what I did on the weekend.

Mercedes

Yes, I feel very uncomfortable around people who are outgoing, popular and have a large community of friends. They make me feel quite inferior but it really isn't true. It is just the difference between being an extrovert and an introvert and I really much prefer being myself when I think about the bigger picture.

U

userremoved

No they don't bother me any more than most. In my experience the super social are more likely to talk to me and ask me to do things with them. Which after all is what I wanted. When I was in the service all my friends were that type and they took out with them a lot when they did things, yeah I was nervous but I was glad to be included. Now that I'm no where near them I have to motivate myself to get out which is hard as hell sometimes.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I more dislike people who are loud outspoken and think that they have right answers to everything and they all are super social. I also dislike arrogant fools who are overacting and are proud of their dumbness and who hate smarter people. In my case I am not anxious of super social people- I simply hate them.

Me too :D.

Richey

I often find myself envying super social people as much as they irritate me, they tend to talk over people to get their point across first and have to be loud and funny, its definitely an element of fearlessness going on, perhaps they have had enough exposure to social situation that they've reached beyond caring what other people think about them or their opinion....the arrogant ones are often the most irritating and intimidating though..

Argonar

I tend to avoid super social people, they always ask me "so what are you doing at the weekend" or "what have you been up to" and it sucks having to say nothing all of the time, especially when they are out and about constantly, they can't understand how i can be so unsocial, so i avoid them mainly because i'm embarrassed and it's easier that way because i don't have to answer their questions!

Ahh! I hate that question. Thankfully iv gotten really good at avoiding people so that question doesn't usually arise.
I have also found that I usually dont get along with those kind of people so that makes avoiding them easier.

I am very weary of super-social people. From my experiences with them, they don't seem to be able to have the ability to empathize with any of the problems people with SA face.

Felgen

Do you also have a anxious feeling when you meet people online and you see pictures that he/she is really super-social? Like going out alot, with many crowds of friends around her, I don't avoid those people but it just gives me an anxious feeling. Because I think they won't understand me really good. ( the SA part )

I have the same problem, but I've met a popular and very social girl on the web that actually seems very understanding when it comes to my ADD, my depression and my anxiety. Instead of beeing repulsed by it, she said that she was impressed by how I went to a university and managed to finish high school with adequate grades with my condition.

gsmax5

I think it's because these people don't realize that what they say could be hurtful to sensitive people. That's my experience to super social people.

SOme people who are soupery-doupery social actually scare me, and I think of them as being less human. To me, those people who talk like that ray guy on youtube (or whatever his name is; i don't watch him) seem less like real people because of their "canned" voice. You know, that overly expressive way of talking some people have that sounds like they are totally overacting in drama class or something.

DeathMetal

On this dating site that I am on, it seems like most the women are really social. It really turns me away from trying to contact them.

I've noticed the super-social are often the first to cave under pressure. It's like they've got everything they are out on display and have no inner reserves of strength, so they might seem like the nicest person on earth but the minute something goes wrong they're the first to flip.

dooby-duck

I think befriending a super social person can be a positive step to someone with social anxiety. At uni one of my friends was like this and he did help me make other friends. It seemed to take the hard work out of it. I didn't need to start a conversation, which is something I find nearly impossible. I also didn't end up sat by myself all of the time.