Suicide not the answer? Why not?

Doomed2Die

Kien said:
Why be thankful for living? If you don't live then you do not miss or want anything.

Neither will you enjoy them or have the chance to.

Logically, I'll rather suffer than have 0% chance of things getting better.

Kien

Doomed2Die said:
Kien said:
Why be thankful for living? If you don't live then you do not miss or want anything.

Neither will you enjoy them or have the chance to.

Logically, I'll rather suffer than have 0% chance of things getting better.
If you don't exist then you don't desire any chance to live. From a atheistic view at least, when dead, there are no desire for things to get better. As long as one does not beleive in any after life thing, there is nothing bad to come with death for the person himself.

kyle

Banned
I wish people would read the rules of the forum, and realize that the moderators had said that there would be no talk of suicide. I guess people don't listen.

Anyway, my personal opinion is that people who suicide are selfish for not thinking of the ones they leave behind. They are quitters. The real challenge is making it through life.

Marie_knowsbest

life is everything. life is the key to everything and anything. if the reason why u like suicide is because you dont want to want for anything, then look up buddhism! there hole religion is based around having no disire or want, merely just being! wouldnt you rather be alive and achieve this state of mind and live with the amazing state of mind rather than commit suicide and do it the cowards way?

nothing in life worth having is easy, or we would all have it easy. it is not bollox that life is a gift, becuase in fact it is, and it can be taken away at any moment. for some people life itself is all they have, and life itself is enough. with it, anything is possible, without it. there is nothing.

Doomed2Die

Kien said:
If you don't exist then you don't desire any chance to live. From a atheistic view at least, when dead, there are no desire for things to get better. As long as one does not beleive in any after life thing, there is nothing bad to come with death for the person himself.

You hold a romanticised view about death, it's not a good thing, it's not something to want, and generally being alive has alot more depth than not existing at all. When you grasp this understanding, virtually the horror of death you will understand. Suicides have severe mental illness and/or affected by stimulants, it's not a good idea, it's a trick of the mind along the same lines as depression tricking one into thinking circumstances are worse than they actually are.

"suicide is the ultimate conclusion to confusion"

Kyle said:
I wish people would read the rules of the forum, and realize that the moderators had said that there would be no talk of suicide.

I'm not even sure why it's a rule. (a poorly upheld one at that)

Gone

Can't someone just delete this thread? Its just all thrash anyway and won't achieve anything but make people mad.

silverwolf

Can't someone just delete this thread? Its just all thrash anyway and won't achieve anything but make people mad.

Dude chill sometimes people need to be negative. It's not making anyone mad. But I'm actually seriously worried about this guy. Does anyone know anything about him? This was his last post.

VioletTears

I truly believe that I would be better off dead.

I don't believe that my family would be better off with me dead, though... Which is why I'm still alive.

I agree that suicide is a selfish act, but sometimes I wonder if people realize as fully how selfless it can be to live when living simply means suffering...

I think suicide Can be the answer at times, if only i had the guts to do it. Life to me has no damn meaning so perhasp if i wasn't depressed i would enjoy it. However, to some people suicide is the answer whether some of us like to admitted or not. I see it like this, just like some people get killed daily, some are dying of hunger and poverty, dying can release people of suffering of sickness and pain. I am not trying to say that everyone thats sick should go kill themselves but there are people who are in such terrible conditions and their situations is not going to get better so why live?. If you guys want to see what i mean go to youtube and put kids starving and then you'll see what i mean. I hope that one day i can help this kids but i wouldn't donate my money just because i don't trust does foundations. I have heard too many stories of scams and i don't believe this foundations are helping any of this kids. If people weren't so greedy and corrupted none of this would happen because with all the money we have in the world....what a fucking shame.

Kien

With nothing after death, killing one self would be the best thing a human can do. No suffernig and no desire for joy is better than suffering and desire for joy that doesn't get 100% pleased. :?

milo001

although sometimes i feel that what's the point of living.but suicide is not the solution.our life is precious.treasure it.they is a reason why we're born in this world.

chris420

Re: ,,

Depressed4life said:
I think suicide Can be the answer at times, if only i had the guts to do it. Life to me has no damn meaning so perhasp if i wasn't depressed i would enjoy it. However, to some people suicide is the answer whether some of us like to admitted or not. I see it like this, just like some people get killed daily, some are dying of hunger and poverty, dying can release people of suffering of sickness and pain. I am not trying to say that everyone thats sick should go kill themselves but there are people who are in such terrible conditions and their situations is not going to get better so why live?. If you guys want to see what i mean go to youtube and put kids starving and then you'll see what i mean. I hope that one day i can help this kids but i wouldn't donate my money just because i don't trust does foundations. I have heard too many stories of scams and i don't believe this foundations are helping any of this kids. If people weren't so greedy and corrupted none of this would happen because with all the money we have in the world....what a fucking shame.

Oh please!! do you really understand the work those charities do, as you discount all of their work in one swipe? You are a 16 year old kid, please don't make so many assumptions about the world, when you have so much to learn still. Personally my mind has changed so much in the last 4 years of my life since I was that age. Hard to accept but it's true. Don't think your life isn't worth living based on your current understanding of the world, you just haven't seen enough of it yet. If you care about these kids why not dedicate some of your life to helping them? isn't that a greater cause than a wasted life?? The country you are born into probably has the greatest opportunities for its citizens in the entire World, so don't tell me you can't.

The worst thing you can possibly do is sit there and bemoan how the World is. It's grumpy old man territory and you really do not need that kind of jaded cynicism at 16.

Marie_knowsbest

i agree with chris, i am now 20 and i can tell you that my thoughts, feelings, ideas about everything have changed so much from when i was 16, my how outlook on life and how i go about things had changed so much, i dont think you are actualy adult in the mind till your about 18 turning 19, coz then it hits u shit...i am now responsible for myself till i am dead! no more getting the easy ride becuase im a kid, it dont wash no more.
and yeh why not volenteer to go to africia and work out there and help these kids when your 18 0r 21 if you dont want to give money. if your looking for purpose, and feel suicide is the sollution, then why not make helping these people ur purpose?

trust me. you dont wanna end it at 16, because as u grow up, your whole world changes, but only if you let it and move foward with it. you get very bitter people as u get older too, because they remained 16 there hole lives.

strawberrybrunette

I've always thought that suicide, as a concept, is a wonderful thing. It's a gift really, when you think about it. I'm not religious or anything, but i've always thought that suicide is a great blessing upon the human race. The fact that if your life became that unbearable, that you have the power to end it. It's very empowering - we are, really, the only creatures on earth that can commit suicide.

However, i probably just think this because i'm young and stupid and don't value my life, right?

But, really, suicide is demonised. It's not as tragic as some people think. Someone being suddenly snatched away from their loved ones in, say, a car accident - or somebody dying from cancer - that is tragic. But someone who is really, genuinely unhappy with their life deciding to end it - to me, that isn't tragic. It's a very final, brave decision that should be respected.

Kien

strawberrybrunette said:
I've always thought that suicide, as a concept, is a wonderful thing. It's a gift really, when you think about it. I'm not religious or anything, but i've always thought that suicide is a great blessing upon the human race. The fact that if your life became that unbearable, that you have the power to end it. It's very empowering - we are, really, the only creatures on earth that can commit suicide.

However, i probably just think this because i'm young and stupid and don't value my life, right?

But, really, suicide is demonised. It's not as tragic as some people think. Someone being suddenly snatched away from their loved ones in, say, a car accident - or somebody dying from cancer - that is tragic. But someone who is really, genuinely unhappy with their life deciding to end it - to me, that isn't tragic. It's a very final, brave decision that should be respected.
Great to hear! :D

Re: ,,

chris420 said:
Depressed4life said:

Oh please!! do you really understand the work those charities do, as you discount all of their work in one swipe? You are a 16 year old kid, please don't make so many assumptions about the world, when you have so much to learn still. Personally my mind has changed so much in the last 4 years of my life since I was that age. Hard to accept but it's true. Don't think your life isn't worth living based on your current understanding of the world, you just haven't seen enough of it yet. If you care about these kids why not dedicate some of your life to helping them? isn't that a greater cause than a wasted life?? The country you are born into probably has the greatest opportunities for its citizens in the entire World, so don't tell me you can't.

The worst thing you can possibly do is sit there and bemoan how the World is. It's grumpy old man territory and you really do not need that kind of jaded cynicism at 16.

So you are saying that " i am a 16 year old kid" what does that mean? You don't need to be 40 to know how fucked up the world is. The world is fucked up, people are greeded and corrupted so thats why a lot of ppl are dying of hunger. Like i said, i would love to one day but like you said " i am kid" and if i don't have a life of my own and i depressed daily how am i going to help other people, when i haven't solved my own problem. The US is not the best country in the world, i do my research of course is great to the eyes of the people but in reality the US has made its money base on taking advantage of innocent people. Let me not get started on that, i am going to continue thinking that suicide can be an option because i believe that everyone has their destiny written. Some of us will die of hunger, some of us will get killed, and some of us will die naturally and SOME will die by killing themselves.
This is world is full of shyt, end of discussion.

Prae

Suicide is NEVER the answer. We go when God takes us. If one commits suicide, they cause tremendous pain to their family and friends. That is selfish.
On as spiritual note. The soul is eternal. When one commits suicide they have to start all over the next life. They will recieve the same lessons and circumstances in the previous life they took. They will realize an see all the things they missed out on by taking their own life. You would have much remorse and regret. Trust me on this.
We are more than our body. We are all souls here to learn. To grow spiritually. DO NOT GIVE UP. God gives us nothing we can not handle. Keep the faith and do not be a quitter. God bless! :lol: