Suicidal thoughts

Marc7

Does anybody want their life to end whenever something really bad happens to them? Because I feel that way all the time :sad:

dannyboy65

I used to feel like that everyday in the past. I started to do drugs and drink. I went more down from there. But one day I decided I didn't want to live like that anymore so I went and to seek out help and I found it. You should tell a therapist or psychologist and they will know how to help you and you should take all the help you can get if you are feeling this way.

Marc7

I used to feel like that everyday in the past. I started to do drugs and drink. I went more down from there. But one day I decided I didn't want to live like that anymore so I went and to seek out help and I found it. You should tell a therapist or psychologist and they will know how to help you and you should take all the help you can get if you are feeling this way.

Wow how did you just stop addiction like that? That's amazing. I have a therapist but will they really give me the help i need instead of sending me to the hospital like last time?

Megaten

Yeah I did quite a bit early adulthood. And it got to the point where I started acting out and harming myself.

PhillipJFry

I used to feel like that all the time too, but I don't want to die so badly anymore, even when I do it's easy to ignore those thoughts these days. For me, I set difficult yet achievable goals for myself in life, and actively work to complete them. It feels good accomplishing things.
I hope you will feel better soon. I promise waiting to die like everybody else isn't so terrible.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Yes, those thoughts intrude like the fleas on that little black dog that seems to follow me around.

Megaten

How did you recover from those thoughts and acting out and harming yourself?

I ended up calling the suicide hotline out of desperation and they put me in a mental health clinic for about a week. I could have just gone to a therapist but this was before I realized I had SA. After that I had regular appointments with a counselor to get myself out of the self destructive thinking.

Ransfordrowe

hurting yourself is not the answer

Life is short enough already without wishing to make it even shorter.For me its about finding small things that brings some happiness into your life to counter the bad things.At times when I feel really bad I think whats the point of it all but those feelings past quickly.Life is precious and there are things like books,nature,sport,movies that give me pleasure.

I would recommend a therapist if your thinking reguraly of hurt yourself.

I find having at least one thing to look forward to helps to keep that feeling away. Even if it's something small like a new episode of a TV show or a book you've been waiting to come out or a hobby you plan on starting. I know this doesn't help in the really dark moments - those are best dealt with by talking to someone you trust or a professional. Counselors can really help you by sort of pulling you out of that state by giving you an experienced, nonjudgmental outsider's perspective (and yes I'm aware of the horror stories on this site about therapists but I'm sure that's not as common as it sounds here, that' would be absurd).

Distraction helps temporary moments. Works for me every time (although I haven't felt suicidal in a long time).

For me, knowing there's hope to get better is very important. It takes time and a lot of effort but it's there.

I hope you feel better.

Last edited:

squidgee

I'm in the lucky position of never having been truly suicidal. Thoughts of it have crossed my mind before, but I don't think I ever seriously intended to do anything drastic. I was mostly running 'what if' scenarios in my head about how people would respond to my death, how long would it take till I'd be forgotten, depressing thoughts like that. But otherwise, I would have to respond to your question with a big resounding no. I don't want my life to end right now. It's not ideal, and I certainly will have some tough times ahead, but what the heck, it'll be interesting to see how it all turns out in the end.

Best of luck to anyone struggling with these thoughts, I sincerely hope it gets better for you in the near future.

Last edited:

Marc7

I ended up calling the suicide hotline out of desperation and they put me in a mental health clinic for about a week. I could have just gone to a therapist but this was before I realized I had SA. After that I had regular appointments with a counselor to get myself out of the self destructive thinking.

I have a therapist but i don't have a time for it but then again i have procrastination and motivation problems.

Marc7

Life is short enough already without wishing to make it even shorter.For me its about finding small things that brings some happiness into your life to counter the bad things.At times when I feel really bad I think whats the point of it all but those feelings past quickly.Life is precious and there are things like books,nature,sport,movies that give me pleasure.

I would recommend a therapist if your thinking reguraly of hurt yourself.

Thank you for the suggestion!

I'm in the lucky position of never having been truly suicidal. Thoughts of it have crossed my mind before, but I don't think I ever seriously intended to do anything drastic. I was mostly running 'what if' scenarios in my head about how people would respond to my death, how long would it take till I'd be forgotten, depressing thoughts like that. But otherwise, I would have to respond to your question with a big resounding no. I don't want my life to end right now. It's not ideal, and I certainly will have some tough times ahead, but what the heck, it'll be interesting to see how it all turns out in the end.

Best of luck to anyone struggling with these thoughts, I sincerely hope it gets better for you in the near future.

I have suicidal thoughts but never did anything drastic yet either. I think that's what is stopping me thinking of doing it is thinking and knowing of how people around me would respond to it. Your lucky.

Thank you!

Marc7

I find having at least one thing to look forward to helps to keep that feeling away. Even if it's something small like a new episode of a TV show or a book you've been waiting to come out or a hobby you plan on starting. I know this doesn't help in the really dark moments - those are best dealt with by talking to someone you trust or a professional. Counselors can really help you by sort of pulling you out of that state by giving you an experienced, nonjudgmental outsider's perspective (and yes I'm aware of the horror stories on this site about therapists but I'm sure that's not as common as it sounds here, that' would be absurd).

Distraction helps temporary moments. Works for me every time (although I haven't felt suicidal in a long time).

For me, knowing there's hope to get better is very important. It takes time and a lot of effort but it's there.

I hope you feel better.

I guess i have to stop procrastinating and stay motivated to make time for something to look forward to in midst of my life. I have a therapist but i don't have time to go but i have to make time for it as well.

How do I distract myself?

How did you find hope to get better?

Thank you! I appreciate it :)

mossieman

Yes I manage to plod along most of the time but as soon as the littlest thing goes wrong ( can be as simple as my pc or dvd play breaking) I feel I can't cope and have had enough. But even when I am not feeling suicidal I often think that I can not wait until all this is over and done with and my time here is up.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I feel like I couldn't care less about dying right now.

No one cares, I don't think I care that no one cares. I'm not a worthless human being, but I just don't see the point in Living anymore.

Marc7

Yes I manage to plod along most of the time but as soon as the littlest thing goes wrong ( can be as simple as my pc or dvd play breaking) I feel I can't cope and have had enough. But even when I am not feeling suicidal I often think that I can not wait until all this is over and done with and my time here is up.

I can relate to that too it is frustrating. I don't think I can't wait to my life is over but I do find myself not wanting to wait to my day is over.

Marc7

I feel like I couldn't care less about dying right now.

No one cares, I don't think I care that no one cares. I'm not a worthless human being, but I just don't see the point in Living anymore.

I feel that my family would care if I were to die but I feel like why care when I don't talk or I feel like I'm invisible to them.

Do you have family? I don't see the point in living no more knowing that I don't contribute anything socially in my family and friends and I might have Avpd and a binge eating disorder.