Subconscious Information Processing

There is NO DOUBT that the subconscious is a powerful thing. Did you know that we are mostly subconscious beings? Meaning that most of our brain activity is subconscious. Only 1/6th!! is conscious.

So by *subconsciously* focusing on the things you wish to accomplish, you will have 6 times the power/ability to do so! This is not science fiction, this is fact. Sadly most (if not very close to all) people do not know this... and put their their attention and focus on their conscious thinking, accomplishing only mediocre lifes at best.

This guy's got some pretty good information on how the subconscious works, highly recommend it :):

Brain research - self help.

Mokkat

thats good advice. I use it alot when Im trying to learn something new that I cant quite wrap my head around. Ive not used it for motivation or problemsolving yet though, thanks for the wise words.

To "sleep on it" is a term most people take for granted. They really shouldn't :)

dragonoth

This is cool. The first genuine advice I've heard for starting a gruelling project/coursework early. But then wouldn't it also work for negative thoughts, such as looking for evidence that your bf/gf is cheating on you even though it's just your subconscious blowing it out of proportion?

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for posting that.:)
The fact that you have acheived so much following it gives me some hope that it could help with my constant procrastination. Thanks.

vexatiousmind

Yes, this is the same reason you're supposed to study a little bit every night instead of pulling an all-nighter the day before the test. You'll become more familiar with it while spending a lot less time focusing it on it. A lot goes on behind the scenes, so things that don't seem like a big deal really are in the long run.

I do much better if I am not consciously trying to learn every little detail in lectures. Just relax and listen.

I also take a nap if I get really upset, I wake up and it is not a big of a deal.