Story ideas for writers

FriendlyShadow

I was wondering if any of you were willing to share your stories on here if you are writers. I had an idea for a story myself but thought it may be too far-fetched sounding or cliche.

The story:

The story begins with a guy and girl on a train. The train is riding through the rain and lightning. The guy asks the girl called Hannah if they've met before or that she looks like someone he's seen before. He asks this as Hannah wakes up from her nap and she says that she doesn't remember seeing him or maybe he does look familiar to her but she doesn't remember. When they start to talk for a while, a small comet
could have been hurtling into earth's atmosphere and the comet started to disintegrate into a storm cloud, and the may have created a cosmic thunderstorm. At a certain time where the train takes off somewhere, the cosmic lightning could hit somewhere near the train and maybe mess up the time lapse period out of order. It could create this time reversal period like in a dejavu way. The scene could be that
the lightning flashes into a bright white color
and the passengers are kind of startled and scared about what happened.

But the driving passenger tells them that everything is okay and that he's trying to take everything under control. When they arrived at their stop, the thing is, all those people who were in the train don't know that they are in the reversal time period not even the two main characters know that they are trapped in it. I was thinking it could be a love story time travel kind of movie where the two characters love for one another might go out of order because of the rearrange of the time lapse they're in. There could be a certain day where their love may expire like maybe it's kind of like an hour glass(not literally) but how the days go by their may be marked where the love is expired on that certain day and if it expires I was thinking the movie in the beginning where the two meet on the train could happen in the ending where they meet on the train and the guy asks if Hannah and him met before. I was thinking the city the go to, the rain and lightning could symbolize their relationship in a way and I was thinking of calling the city Mysteria.

That's all I had so far. I know it kind of seems far fetched/cliche and all. Let me know what you guys think of it, and feel free to share your stories as well.

Last edited:

Ree

That sounds like a really cool story :D I'd read it. I'm thinking about writing one too... something along the lines of war/fantasy kind of thing. Still planning in my head -the story line- though. I would like it to be where the ones that are deemed the 'evil' guys, are in fact what the main group of characters fight for, and go out to save from what the 'good' guys had done. I want it to be graphic, and have some horror and all that in it too :D

FriendlyShadow

That sounds like a really cool story :D I'd read it. I'm thinking about writing one too... something along the lines of war/fantasy kind of thing. Still planning in my head -the story line- though. I would like it to be where the ones that are deemed the 'evil' guys, are in fact what the main group of characters fight for, and go out to save from what the 'good' guys had done. I want it to be graphic, and have some horror and all that in it too :D

I'm glad that you liked my story, Ree :) The Mysteria story I was writing, I was thinking it wouldn't be like most romantic movies you see where couples or relationships are always happy and the people have perfect kisses or get married at the end. I was thinking this story could be more realistic because maybe it's trying to set out how people who are in love, maybe their feelings will fade for each other when the time passes when they don't know who the other person is anymore. I'd definitely read your story too, it sounds very interesting. :) I also liked that you also put in a twist where the characters are actually fighting for the evil guys.

Kiwong

My stories are usually magic realism, they are often based on my life experiences, trying to make sense of what I am going through, and ways of escaping that.

Odo

Banned
Chocolate monkeys go to high school, avoid the sun and live in perpetual fear of the hungry marijuana addicts who hang out in the tunnels behind the art lab. There's a lot of fingerpainting and they throw dried fruit and ice cream at each other.

It's going to be the next Hunger Games I know it.

Ithior

Anyone knows a good plot generator on the internet? I'm usually bad at choosing one, I just need a sentence that vaguely describes the story and from there I can figure out everything else.
I thought I should start writing short stories and see if I like it.

GraybeardGhost

A middle-aged man, grown old before his time, broken in body and spirit, lives alone in a seedy apartment and watches out the window as strangers come and go, living their own lives, never noticing his presence. He witnesses their young loves, their celebrations, the growth of their children. He comes to imagine them as friends, even family, though no spoken word is ever shared between them and strangers they remain. He watches as they, too, age and ultimately become as old, broken, and alone as he. In the end, he dies and goes unmourned, forgotten by the world outside his window. No one discovers his corpse for years.

Oh, wait . . . that's my real life. :sarcastic:

everdeenkatniss

I was wondering if any of you were willing to share your stories on here if you are writers. I had an idea for a story myself but thought it may be too far-fetched sounding or cliche.

The story:

The story begins with a guy and girl on a train. The train is riding through the rain and lightning. The guy asks the girl called Hannah if they've met before or that she looks like someone he's seen before. He asks this as Hannah wakes up from her nap and she says that she doesn't remember seeing him or maybe he does look familiar to her but she doesn't remember. When they start to talk for a while, a small comet
could have been hurtling into earth's atmosphere and the comet started to disintegrate into a storm cloud, and the may have created a cosmic thunderstorm. At a certain time where the train takes off somewhere, the cosmic lightning could hit somewhere near the train and maybe mess up the time lapse period out of order. It could create this time reversal period like in a dejavu way. The scene could be that
the lightning flashes into a bright white color
and the passengers are kind of startled and scared about what happened.

But the driving passenger tells them that everything is okay and that he's trying to take everything under control. When they arrived at their stop, the thing is, all those people who were in the train don't know that they are in the reversal time period not even the two main characters know that they are trapped in it. I was thinking it could be a love story time travel kind of movie where the two characters love for one another might go out of order because of the rearrange of the time lapse they're in. There could be a certain day where their love may expire like maybe it's kind of like an hour glass(not literally) but how the days go by their may be marked where the love is expired on that certain day and if it expires I was thinking the movie in the beginning where the two meet on the train could happen in the ending where they meet on the train and the guy asks if Hannah and him met before. I was thinking the city the go to, the rain and lightning could symbolize their relationship in a way and I was thinking of calling the city Mysteria.

That's all I had so far. I know it kind of seems far fetched/cliche and all. Let me know what you guys think of it, and feel free to share your stories as well.
Thats really cool story When I read this story I was imagine of your story I was really like your script are you writer you writes very brilliant.