SPW band?

SilentType

Banned
I'm glad to see all the interest. Everyone is welcome, even if you just want to write some lyrics and have somebody else sing it. After we finish a few tracks we'll put em on myspace music under some mysterious name like "The Strangers", lol, just to share our music anonymously with the world.

To record, all you really need is a decent microphone, but you'll have to depend on the band members with mixing capabilities to build a finished product around your recordings.

Keep replying if you want to be a part of this cuz we're starting next month!

Peace

TheNewZero

I could be in your band....are you looking for any bassoonists? I actually don't have bad performance anxiety for some reason....I totally should. I guess I've been playing on stage since forever so I'm sort of used to it.

TheNewZero

Haha I don't even know what a bassoon is, but i like the sounds of it.

Peace

I tried to find a picture of a bassoon and found this: it made me giggle.

bassoon.jpg

luck254

haha sounds very cool, i got a cool voice :p it could help to kick the shyness out :) hhaha i wish post a video of me in youtube soon

RedRibbons

:eek: Yea it is.. lol I'm not way into guitar though.. and thanks.. This band thing seems fun. so you write lyrics or anything? :)

ripewithdecay

this seems cool. i have some vdrums w/ pro tools, reason, and am a beginner (electric) guitar player. you guys should post the stuff you come up with.

SilentType

Banned
I thought I had some million dollar idea but it seems there are already "online jammin'" websites out there. I'd rather do it without cameras and just trade mixes around to for each other to add to and send back. That way we can take all the time we want experimenting and coming up with the sound we want instead of being put on the spot and all anxious. It sounds like the socially phobic musician's dream to me.

Peace

Joolin

This sounds like a perfect idea!! Perhaps those of us with webcams could even link up via Skype and have a more or less in-person jam session.

I also have recording equipment and mixing/mastering software as well as instruments, so I could add to a collaboration that way too. It could start off as just a basic mp3 of one or two instruments and could snowball from there, collecting more and more instruments/parts as it rolled through the SPW community.

If anyone has anything started yet, send it to me at [email protected]