SPW band?

SilentType

Banned
I like to play the guitar and I was wondering if this might be a good idea... Is anybody else here a musician? I have a hard time jamming with other people because of my panic attacks. I was thinking that maybe if I could find some other musicians who have the same "jamming anxiety" problems, we could try collaborating some tracks online. Of course everyone in the band would have to have recording gear, but I'd definitely be down to make some music if anybody is interested. Why just talk about social anxiety on a forum when you can build a home studio and give anxiety a soundtrack. :cool:

Peace

mrb

well as a kid i played the recorder its like a lil wooden flute ? that any good to you ?

SilentType

Banned
Mismeek,
Cello and piano are both awesome instruments. We can make all kinds of different genres of music. I'm just trying to make a creative outlet for the musicians around here. Decent recording gear is a must though, since I figure we'd do this by just recording some melodies of our own, share them amongst ourselves, and record over each other's music.

mrb,
If you can rock out on a recorder, I'd love to have some of that action in the band. Think Jethro Tull, lol.

Peace

gsmax5

I like to play the guitar and I was wondering if this might be a good idea... Is anybody else here a musician? I have a hard time jamming with other people because of my panic attacks. I was thinking that maybe if I could find some other musicians who have the same "jamming anxiety" problems, we could try collaborating some tracks online. Of course everyone in the band would have to have recording gear, but I'd definitely be down to make some music if anybody is interested. Why just talk about social anxiety on a forum when you can build a home studio and give anxiety a soundtrack. :cool:

Peace

Sometimes I make "house" tracks on FL Studio; I'm too shy to post any of it though. ::(:

rand0m_guy

I play guitar, but don't have any recording equipment other than a webcam. :/

And yeah I have anxiety about playing in front of others to - make more mistakes etc. Sucks 'cause I'd really be able to like to do it.

Could be fun though. Let me know if you get any more ideas. :)

It sucks that I don't have recording equipment- I love to play. I play flute (not sure I'm as good as Jethro Tull though), keyboard a little, and have an accoustic guitar. I do have music writing software, and enjoy transcribing music that I like, or reorchestrating stuff.

SilentType

Banned
Sometimes I make "house" tracks on FL Studio; I'm too shy to post any of it though. ::(:

This is the exact reason I made this thread. If you like to do make tracks on FL Studio, but don't like collaborating in person, this would be a great opportunity for you to share you're music with people who are just as shy about it as you. This thread is to give people like us a route to having fun making music without the anxiety of in-person "jam sessions." Nobody's here to judge. I'd personally love to hear what you've been making on FL Studio.

Peace

SilentType

Banned
Great idea! I play guitar and have a way to record. Also have a tambourine, and a harmonica which I can't play.

Sounds good. I don't play anything except guitar either. :p

I play guitar, but don't have any recording equipment other than a webcam. :/

And yeah I have anxiety about playing in front of others to - make more mistakes etc. Sucks 'cause I'd really be able to like to do it.

Could be fun though. Let me know if you get any more ideas.

Only idea I have for you is to save some money to buy a mic and some cheap recording software so you can start jammin' with us!

It sucks that I don't have recording equipment- I love to play. I play flute (not sure I'm as good as Jethro Tull though), keyboard a little, and have an accoustic guitar. I do have music writing software, and enjoy transcribing music that I like, or reorchestrating stuff.

Sounds like you really know and love your music. A mic and some cheap recording/mixing software is all it would take to start composing online with people from SPW.

Peace

bigchris

I used to play drums because it uses energy up and I can hit things. :D Haven't played for years and theres probably better people on here, but if not great. :)

band-aids

I can kind of sort of play the harmonica, but like I'm not very good... I also can't find my favorite one ):.I also have a hammer dulcimer, which is an awesome instrument, but I have no idea how to play it. Sounds like a really good idea to me. I don't think I could ever do it though, I can't even talk to people through the computer.... But I'm interested to hear anything.

bigchris

I was thinking about getting back into drumming as well, I'd like to get a lot better at it, I might have a reason to do so now.

SilentType

Banned
Lmao @ the drummers...

I don't have any recording gear yet either. I was planning on buying some in a couple of weeks and that's kind of the reason I started this thread. For now, nebody who wants to make some music and has the ability to record with decent quality, just send me a pm and I'll be sure to contact you as soon as I get my recording stuff set up. Will be sometime next month.

Peace