Sounds you love

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
What are some of the sounds you love to hear?

One thing I like the sound of is ice cracking.
Like I put a few ice cubes in a glass and when I fill it with water the ice cracks.
And I love it. Strangely satisfying..lol :unsure::LOL:

*Frogs croaking after a good rainfall.
*Horse hooves walking or trotting over a bitumen road.
*Someone walking on a dry and stony pavement, wearing joggers.
*Water trickling down a little waterfall.
*The wood crackling in a camp fire.
*The tires of a car driving over loose gravel.
*A man with a very deep voice, reading a book out loud.
*Annie Lennox and Kate Bush, singing.

A great idea for a Thread, Pug. (y)

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?

Oh definitely the horse hooves clip-clopping along a bitumen or cobblestone road.. :love:

Pied BUtcherbirds mellow call clear autumn mornings
Contact call of Black Cockatoos passing overhead.
There are a group of about 20 Golden Crested Cockatoos that I see frequently around the town I live in. It is weird how the whole group always travels and stays together.
It is a truly beautiful site to see them all flying against a clear blue sky, however, when you are driving along and you drive underneath them when they are all sitting on the power lines above you, the unbelievably LOUD squawking sound they are all making at the same time, is deafening!! :eek:

MollyBeGood

Great list Blue!

Horse hooves are huge for me. They are always dreamy sounding for sure. Fast, slow, grass or gravel..

Did you see Kate has released a new/old video she did from the 80’s? It’s a jazz cover but omg her voice is perfection ;) I personally think she’s a true goddess. Wouldn’t it have been amazing to see her a few yrs back on that tour she did out on Nowhere?! Part of me died cuz I couldn’t go.

Kiwong

There are a group of about 20 Golden Crested Cockatoos that I see frequently around the town I live in. It is weird how the whole group always travels and stays together.
It is a truly beautiful site to see them all flying against a clear blue sky, however, when you are driving along and you drive underneath them when they are all sitting on the power lines above you, the unbelievably LOUD squawking sound they are all making at the same time, is deafening!! :eek:

They are racous.Where I live we have thousands of rainbow Lorikeets that roost in lemon scented Gums around town. At dusk when they settle in to roost the sound is deafening.

Kiwong

A fortnight ago I could hear the roar of the ocean as I lay in bed. Cyclone Oma caused big seas along the coast. I love mysterious night sounds that carry on the quiet air and echo . Like the goods trains rollling through the jetty, or a far off siren.

This isnt one for everyone, but damn if I dont love the sound of Lucy Lawless doing the Xena yell :LOL::LOL:
If we were to do a subsidiary, off-side part from this thread, that includes sounds we like, but we are pretty sure not many other people would agree with us.......

Well, I would include that I find Nicholas Cage's voice saying....anything, as being incredibly soothing and reassuring! I could listen to it for hours. :love:

I never watched Xena - so I will google her doing her "Xena yell" now, lol.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
This isnt one for everyone, but damn if I dont love the sound of Lucy Lawless doing the Xena yell :LOL::LOL:

And she looked so good doing it. :love::love:

image69.jpg

theoutsider

1. A dog when they're doing that communicative whine, almost like they're trying to talk.
2. A single engine airplane (not a jet).
3. A good acapella group singing in harmony.