Something you did good today?

nicknamehere

For a long time I've always been afraid of eating in public, I can never do it... even to buy food and walk out. But today I just faced my fears and went to the food court and bought a takeaway lunch.
The moment I got the food I couldn't wipe the smile off my face, it was something I've never felt, a feeling of accomplishing such a hard task that I've been ignoring for years. (And to whoever thought a person to buy lunch would have such a hard time :rolleyes:)

Anyway, aside from sweating like anything and trembling, I still felt good but then it all came crashing as I couldn't find a quiet place to sit. So about 20 mins. walking around getting more anxious and being a loser, I decided to walk to a nearby park which was inconvenient, but oh well... I guess I did what I was suppose to do in the first place.

So this is a positive post for something you felt great about what you did today. What's your accomplisment/s?

i marched up my stairs and knocked on my neighbour's door and told them if they didnt stop shouting i was going to call the police.

j/k i sat here and endured it

Emily_G

That's really great! Eating outside is always nicer anyways :)

This was the other day, I couldn't reach something at the grocery store. Usually I don't worry about it, but I actually asked a kid stocking shelves to reach it for me :D And didn't stutter, yay!

Devrium

I went to a huge meeting with about 500 people. Drove 7 hours to Seattle to get there... broke down twice.. hid in the bathroom and cried once...but ultimately I stayed.. for the whole thing. From 10am to 3:30pm. I even made a new friend... Quite the accomplishment in my book!

Scooter

I went into uni and asked for help with an assignment. I felt like a complete idiot, but I did it anyway....I got the info I needed....and then walked into the door frame on the way out cos I was trying to get out of there so fast.....oh well!

Cherrie

Hopefully yesterday will still count lol. I spent time with my child, played a board game with him and did not totally lose my patience with him. And I hardly growled at him at all over the last two days. I even managed to put washing out on the outside line, even though my face is covered in plaster (from surgery) and I don't like being seen outside. Baby steps Cherrie, baby steps.

goldenholds

I went to my cousins 50th birthday party, which was an open house event. Usually I would avoid going at all, but I went and stayed for 3 hours, even though when I arrived the little house was filled with hoards of strange people. I even carried on a decent conversation with a few strangers, made jokes, laughed, helped out, ate food. I think I managed it well enough that most people there probably thought I was at least somewhat normal. Or maybe not, but who cares, my cousin seemed very happy that I went.

The strange thing was, there were some spouses who did not attend and waited in the car when they picked up their significant other. When anyone asked if they were coming in, their spouse would just say they were uncomfortable around alot of people. And everyone just nodded and said that was alright, seeming to understand fully and treated it as a normal thing.

I guess I learned that sometimes I can do more things, but even when I cannot, maybe people are more understanding than I think.

mrb

hmmmmmmmmm nothing really same old day for me get up stuff my face , go to work , run up and down the stairs with furniture , go home , watch tv come on here ......... i really dont think i can take anymore excitment today :rolleyes:

It was an exceptionally nice day today, so I took my bike out and did some errands that I had been putting off for a verrrry long time. Then I was all frazzled, so I retreated to the library and hid among my book-friends for a while.

I also saw some swans, and they were nice. Lovely day! :)

LadyWench

For a long time I've always been afraid of eating in public, I can never do it... even to buy food and walk out. But today I just faced my fears and went to the food court and bought a takeaway lunch.
The moment I got the food I couldn't wipe the smile off my face, it was something I've never felt, a feeling of accomplishing such a hard task that I've been ignoring for years. (And to whoever thought a person to buy lunch would have such a hard time :rolleyes:)

Anyway, aside from sweating like anything and trembling, I still felt good but then it all came crashing as I couldn't find a quiet place to sit. So about 20 mins. walking around getting more anxious and being a loser, I decided to walk to a nearby park which was inconvenient, but oh well... I guess I did what I was suppose to do in the first place.

So this is a positive post for something you felt great about what you did today. What's your accomplisment/s?

Congratulations on your accomplishment! I can imagine how liberated you must have felt. I love hearing stories like this - someone facing their fears.

I know my "accomplishment" is going to sound stupid, but I've been starting to wear brighter colors in public. Normally, I wear a lot of dark colors. Mostly black. I guess because I feel comfortable and invisible in them. I don't want people to take notice of me. However, my therapist told me that I should start wearing brighter clothing, and see if it makes me feel any differently. And to my surprise, it has! I've been getting a lot of compliments on my shirt today. It made me feel good, even though it's incredibly pathetic. :) Maybe I can face more things. Maybe.

El_Pajaro

I'm trying to paint and clean my room

organize my manga

put away my clothes

if i could get that done this day will be beyond good