Social phobics are cowards!

chickenmaryjane

The only thing we do is cry and whine about how the world treats us. Of course no one will talk to a weird,quiet person. Think about it, would you feel comfortable around a creepy and quiet person? Heck no! We are nothing but a bunch of losers with nothing important to do but cry and moan about our lot in life.

Maybe we are cowards, but there is some deep-seated reason reason for the fear that we can't just wave a wand and make disappear. But I think most of us want to find a way to do that, and I think it takes courage to try to find the help we need for it.

unacceptable

we are like overweight people who whine and moan about how hard it is loosing weight. It seems easy and doable from the outside. But from the inside it looks completely different.

2Crowded

i dunno...dont think i cry & moan bout it so much...I just avoid people & situations im uncomfortable in unless they happen to sneak up on me then I talk if i have to & probly actualy come off as normal & friendly most times..but im always looking for the nearest exit from the situation when i do get trapped in one.

Spose sometimes I feel like a loser..ok lot of the time now that you mention it..but anywho..iv began to listen to self help type tracs..& am looking forward to listening to some NLP sessions i recently purchased.

Remus

Staff member
I dont cry and moan, I fight it, I wont let the ****er beat me!

fighting it works, you get gradually better I've found, took like 20 years though :eek:

NormanBates

the long awkward pause caused by the weird silent one has ended with yet again another outburst. At least now there's a conversation and an opportunity to laugh.
Who needs recordings?

worrywort

The only person that can decide whether we're cowards or not is ourselves.

For one person, just walking to the end of the street may take as much bravery as another on the front lines in a war.

Just keep facing your own fears, and go at your own pace and don't worry about where everybody else is at.

sabbath9

Banned
“The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.”
- Thucydides 460-404 BC

powerfulthoughts

“Strength is Happiness. Strength is itself victory. In weakness and cowardice there is no happiness. When you wage a struggle, you might win or you might lose. But regardless of the short-term outcome, the very fact of your continuing to struggle is proof of your victory as a human being.” Daisaku Ikeda

Struggle is essential for success. How do you win a wrestling match? Wrestle and struggle until you win or lose - but don't ever give up before the bell rings (in this case, our death bell). The bell hasn't rung until we are out of breath, so keep wrestling until you win.

aizome

somebody correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the very definition of the word 'phobia' an 'irrational fear'?

SammyT

I know having social phobia makes me feel really weak. But in reality its not my fault or any of your faults that you suffer from it - so best not to beat ourselves up about it

bleach

Banned
Avoidance is cowardice, but many people with social phobia do try to overcome their problems so that is not cowardly at all.

The only thing we do is cry and whine about how the world treats us. Of course no one will talk to a weird,quiet person. Think about it, would you feel comfortable around a creepy and quiet person? Heck no! We are nothing but a bunch of losers with nothing important to do but cry and moan about our lot in life.

How do you know all we do is cry and whine? That may be what some of us do on the forum. It is not all we do with our lives.
Why is being quiet weird and creepy? Do you know that some people -prefer- being around quiet people?
What is a 'loser'? Is all life a competition? What are we competing for? I don't feel the need to compete with you and certainly do not care to be judged by your standards of success.
Your conclusions are absurd and reductionist. Obviously giving us negative labels makes you feel better. But that will burn you in the long run, because you will never hold up as the 'winner' in every comparison, nor will you always hold up to these standards..

chickenmaryjane

Avoidance is cowardice, but many people with social phobia do try to overcome their problems so that is not cowardly at all.

How do you know all we do is cry and whine? That may be what some of us do on the forum. It is not all we do with our lives.
Why is being quiet weird and creepy? Do you know that some people -prefer- being around quiet people?
What is a 'loser'? Is all life a competition? What are we competing for? I don't feel the need to compete with you and certainly do not care to be judged by your standards of success.
Your conclusions are absurd and reductionist. Obviously giving us negative labels makes you feel better. But that will burn you in the long run, because you will never hold up as the 'winner' in every comparison, nor will you always hold up to these standards..

I did not say you all but we need to put on our boxing gloves and give sa a world class beat down.

All the time he's boxing, he's thinking. All the time he was thinking, I was hitting him.
Jack Dempsey