Social Phobia and Body Sensations

ntando

What part of your body are you most aware of in nervous situations. Open to any Internal/ External/ Situational.

Thank you kindly.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
My face.

I become very conscious of my expressions when I'm anxious. It's because I'm tying to act like I'm fine and I can't act normal when I'm nervous.

With the rest of the body it's easy for me to fake it, but the face just reflects so much, every little twitch speaks volumes as to what's going on inside your head.

lithiumflower

My stomach usually because I get that weird knotting feeling. Then my hands usually because I get tingles and a bit shakey.

jhanniffy

Hands as they usually get all sweaty and I don't know what to so with them, and my mouth, I usually start biting the inside of my mouth and my lips get dry!

My heart hammering, and my face getting really hot and red, and my hands shaking like crazy, if I try to get out my phone to ring anyone it takes me bloody forever to ring them lol! Externally I also notice my hands, I tend to play a lot with my hair when I'm really anxious so I'm really aware that I look like a crazy person ::p:

spendogz

My eyes get jittery and I cannot make eye contact. I always think about my eyes the second someone walks up to me. If I don't look at the their eyes I'm fine.

this_portrait

Usually my stomach; it drops and feels like it's going to fall out.

Lately, when I'm indoors and I have a lot of layers of clothing on, I'll feel heat in my whole body if I get anxious. In fact, I felt that earlier tonight when I was signing something at the front desk of the library.

My heart hammering, and my face getting really hot and red, and my hands shaking like crazy, if I try to get out my phone to ring anyone it takes me bloody forever to ring them lol! Externally I also notice my hands, I tend to play a lot with my hair when I'm really anxious so I'm really aware that I look like a crazy person ::p:

Very same here!
I also feel like there's a ball in my throat and find it hard to breathe - or even run out of breath for no reason!

I feel a cold, weird feeling in my face. Like that it freezes.
I don't know what to do with my facional expressions, and my eyes don't know where to look at.
I feel a weird feeling in my stomach, and I feel like I can't breathe very well.
My hands start to feel warm, and start to get sweatty.
And my body language is really closed, and I don't know how to walk confident. And stand confident.
That's all i know for now.

Krista

My hands, they're a tell tale sign of how I'm feeling. In a comfortable situation they're always relaxed, at my side. When I'm feeling insecure or nervous though they fidget and they always seem to end up folded together in my lap. Like I'm some damn nun.

Julesie

My stomach. It tightens and pain quickly builds up that sometimes it can get so bad I panic and all bend over. I try and act normal but make up some excuse like 'I need the toilet' then run off.
My hands also heat up in a cold clammy feeling and my heart races that i can feel each beat.

My heart mainly, because of the over release of Adrenaline. I am always worried that someone close to me will hear it beating, because I can!::eek::

eckoz

my stomach is the only thing that bothers me. i can manage to keep everything normal except the feelin in my stomach. its that knotted tense feeling. a psychiatrist once told me that feeling is adrenalin that is produced as a result of a basic human instinct : fight or flight. except you are not wanting to flee because of phsyical danger, but out of fear of being humiliated or looking dumb.

knowing all this i still cant help getting that feeling. its something i have no control over no matter how hard i try