social anxiety

mrb

is it real ... or something we have convinced our selves its real , a doctor told me years ago , your brain will give it all the tools it needs to fuel paranoia ... and slowly over the years it can and will break you down ... only by changing your thoughts can you break it down ... and live a happy life ..

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
is it real ... or something we have convinced our selves its real , a doctor told me years ago , your brain will give it all the tools it needs to fuel paranoia ... and slowly over the years it can and will break you down ... only by changing your thoughts can you break it down ... and live a happy life ..

I'm not sure what you mean by 'real'. We have a whole lot of symptoms and experiences in common. That wouldn't be the case if it weren't real. Right?

philly2bits

I'm pretty sure it's real. Else none of us would be here right? I don't see a difference between someone who has symptoms of SA and someone who thinks they have SA. Knowing the cause can help with any type of treatment though.

mrb

I'm pretty sure it's real. Else none of us would be here right? I don't see a difference between someone who has symptoms of SA and someone who thinks they have SA. Knowing the cause can help with any type of treatment though.

your the quiet silent type :) hey i like you lol , and your last post was great ... :) ...

Lorraine Manca

easy! go test it out, try to make yourself afraid of trees instead. oh no! theres another tree, and another, there everywhere, they have the parking lot surrounded and are closing in, obviously they're getting into attack formation. if you dont develope tree anxiety, then i guess its real!

on a serious note, i think its very real. it just aint real to that doctor cause he doesnt have it!

johnny 85

thats a good question though. when i went to the doc about my issues i was worried incase it was all in my head that somehow i did nt really have any issues i just made them up. i think thats one of the reasons i did nt go about it sooner. when i found this (which was a great relief) i new i was nt going mad! thank god for the internet!!!!

shore_of_glass

I always wonder about that

but check this out: if I keep remembering embarassing situations and feeling like **** for it, or sweat and shake eating in public, etc etc, it seems pretty real to me.

when its gone, of course it isn't real.
"hey doctor, go get SA first, then come back at me ASAP, kthxbai"

mrb

just so you know it was an Hypnotherapist who said that to me , not saying she was right or wrong ....... just passing it on fellow spw people ...... so i soppose she wasnt really a doctor ... i am a doctor of sience gary she said mental sience ... puffing her chest out trying to blind me with big words i didnt understand ......but naaa she was ok a nice lady in fact :) it was 50 quid an hour though ..... i never did go back .... maybe i should have .. dunno :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Now I wonder, would that doctor tell his patients that they convinced themselves that their illnesses are real? that it's all in their minds? I don't think so... Then why the heck would he tell you something like that? That was a bit too ignorant and irresponsible of him.