social anxiety like a bad trip?

sahxox

I've never taken drugs before, but everything I've read online and talked to people about when it comes to "bad trips" is scarily similar to my social anxiety at the very worst. Complete paranoia, imagining things, tense muscles, loss of control etc. :S I know one other person with 'social anxiety' and he says I'm doing alot better then him because I have in the past tackled it. But he has a sense of control over his emotional stability atleast, and I just achieve at things because I think it's what is expected.
The emotional and physical effects are disgusting. For the last month or so I've felt this everywhere, even at home. It seems any human being is a trigger, it's like they're always ****ysing everything I do and the whole world is concerned with me.
Most annoying part is that I am not always like this. The real me is someone I'm satisfied with, but for some reason I don't know how to access that, this state of confusion dominates. I can't be me and I hate myself for it.

Kiwong

Well I drink a lot caffeine, it is a psychotic drug. When I drink a lot my anxiety is bad. Sometimes my mind races and I can't sleep, other times I am emotional to the point of crying. My creativity takes flight when I am like this, and so does my anxiety.

So yes I agree that social anxiety is like a bad trip on drugs. And in my case drinking too much caffeine exacerbates this.

GhastlyCC

haha!
My brother did alot of drugs in his younger days,and any time my anxiety comes up when we're talking he always brings up some experience he's had with drugs and how it sounds similar to what I go though.

Bo592

haha!
My brother did alot of drugs in his younger days,and any time my anxiety comes up when we're talking he always brings up some experience he's had with drugs and how it sounds similar to what I go though.
This is interesting I would like to fine out more about what we do that similar to people who are on drugs. I alway feel like sombody that stone when I first walk outside and I have not been out in a while. It scary to think that maybe everyone thinks that we are all on drugs.

surewhynot

A bad trip is basically someone who's panicking because of the effects of the drugs. So, indeed, it doesn't matter whether you're panicking because of some drugs, or if you're panicking because of your social anxiety : both people are still panicking, it's going to be a similar experience for both.

sahxox

Only good thing about drug 'panicking' is you know exactly what's causing it, and to rid it, stop. What if we're all living like this, in uncontrollable waves. Just cos it's the worst thing you can have - everything and everyone has the potential to be a trigger.

Odo

Banned
I would say that normal anxiety isn't as bad because you're not dealing with a lot of other sensations at the same time... but yes, there is that sense of overload and not really knowing what to do or how to handle what's going on in your head.

I suppose in some ways you can just tell yourself it's going to be over in a while... but time and how fleeting some things are really isn't so easy to get a handle on when you're tripping.

R3K

Them: "Ey Jason do you get high?"
Me: "I'm always high..."
Them: "haha, that's awesome, what do you to - weed, meth, yay, ex?"
Me: "No I have a natural serratonin imbalance, so i'm on a perpetual high all the time. everyday of my life."
Them: :thinking:
Me: "Yup, I don't need to do drugs cause my brain isn't wired right and the effects of that make me feel f|_|cked up 24/7. so enjoy your little blunt there buddy:applause:"

surewhynot

Them: "Ey Jason do you get high?"
Me: "I'm always high..."
Them: "haha, that's awesome, what do you to - weed, meth, yay, ex?"
Me: "No I have a natural serratonin imbalance, so i'm on a perpetual high all the time. everyday of my life."
Them: :thinking:
Me: "Yup, I don't need to do drugs cause my brain isn't wired right and the effects of that make me feel f|_|cked up 24/7. so enjoy your little blunt there buddy:applause:"

There's more to drugs than serotonin ;)