Social Anxiety = Bullying?

deloitj

I know these two terms do not mean the same, but I definitely know that they are interconnected. One could lead to another or even be caused by the other and vice versa. This should definitely be prevented. Bullies need to take out their angered emotions on something better than these poor young kids at school that are faultless. For anybody that has bullying problems, i recommend sending them to Bullyfight.com where they can watch MMA fighters talk about bullying and to find out better ways to release your emotions.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
That would work for some... but what if it's a whole class against one kid and the teachers isolate the kid in question instead of helping him?

Adults need to learn some things too about bullying and how to deal with it. At least in my area.

Kat

Yeah, as crazy as it sounds I wonder what thought patterns a bully have to make them a bully.

If there was a forum like this where they could express their thoughts and feelings I don’t condone their behavior but just curious as to what would be found.

SacredClown

That would work for some... but what if it's a whole class against one kid and the teachers isolate the kid in question instead of helping him?

Adults need to learn some things too about bullying and how to deal with it. At least in my area.

Hellhound, that totally happened to me in catholic school for 5 years. I'd flunked the 4th grade and it was hell on earth every school day for years after that.

MoonBoom

Yep, I was bullied in school many times. I think a combination of not belonging and slow progressive bullying led to my social anxiety being full blown

Srijita52

I was bullied in school for having SA as well.
Hellhound, that totally happened to me in catholic school for 5 years. I'd flunked the 4th grade and it was hell on earth every school day for years after that.

That's awful. I'm sorry both of you had to go through this.

x Will x

I was bullied for most of my secondary school years which lead to me becoming isolated... that's maybe the biggest factor that caused social phobia for me:(

Fade

I'm kinda the same I was. Bullied through high school, and it's stuck with me for years. Not belonging to a particular group was particularly tough, can't really do sports or play an instrument, wasnt rich or poor, Just massively average and un-noticed

Esperance

The bullying is a big problem but what is the most shocking is how nobody really cares about this. There is too many adults who won't do anything if they see a bullying, too much people thinks it's just a game when it's something very serious who can even lead to suicide for some people. People really underestimate all the damage that can be done to the mind. Especially for a a children

Helmaninquiel

Alleigha♥;654065 said:
I've been very badly bullied by my brother for years, never really had a problem with anyone else. He's a horrible, horrible, horrible person. Even though we're blood, I would love to have him out of my life. Then maybe I can live a little.

Get the hell away from him. I've had similar situations with my family and
I moved away from all of there nagitivity, makes a big difference. I'm still a crack head but I'm not as much lol

psych

I've been bullied... As a child, & as an adult.
But, as an adult, I still held my head up high and did what I had to do to survive. I've not let anyone take that from me.
I had a brief bully phase myself... But, it was centered on boys, I was very young, six yrs old or so. Was a playground thing. Nobody took it seriously.

laure15

I've been very badly bullied by my brother for years

Me too. When I go to school, I get bullied by classmates and when I come back home, I get bullied by my brother. I used to have no peace of mind no matter where I am. Now, my situation's a bit better, but I have other issues to deal with.

OceanMist

bullying is obviously common, it happens practically everywhere.

Bullying can be a good thing. It teaches people how to handle confrontations and how to tolerate someone who is trying to take advantage of you. It toughens people up.

I got beat up by a bully and learned from the experience and gained the bully's respect because I didn't cry.

I think bullying becomes a problem if it's taken too far. An example is when it's not 1 on 1, but like 4 on 1. Example, the Karate Kid movies.