Social Anxiety attracts women?

Liberty

Banned
Hear me out here because this sounds strange. Ever since I got social anxiety and my view of myself has plummetted women treat me much differently and kind of make themselves easily available and stuff like that.

It's very weird. I think it's because of my illness I'm incredibly vulnerable or something and that's enticing to them. Normally I'm not that way. I was emotionally abused by my mother growing up and that sort of relationship for a boy causes extreme submission to women emotionally etc. but I was good at holding that back unless a woman was in a position of authority over me. Once I got SA 2 years ago that changed.

Now these two factors, the anxiety disorder and the abusive relationship with my mother have combined to cause women that are way out of my league to make themselves available to me. I don't know wtf to do because I'm still not willing to be in a relationship with a woman because I don't want a repeat of my childhood experience.

Anyway, any other guys have something similar happen?

Amnesiac

That's just pity. Those girls want to be your friends. There is no way you're getting with any of them. Girls like to use guys that are emotionally vulnerable because they're easy to manipulate. They might lead you on, but if you push for it they'll give you that friend garbage. I know what I'm talking about, trust me.

Eilonwy

Even though I agree that "Some girls are as much whores as some guys are", you have to realize though that not all women are like that. You shouldn't let your relationship with your mother get in the way of any other relationships with any other females, Liberty, even though I know it must be hard not to.

Island_chic

Don't let what your mother did to you ruin your opportunities in life. Not all women are evil. Just like not all men are evil. Don't wait till your 90 years old.

Anyway, any other guys have something similar happen?

No.
:confused:

I don't understand what you mean. For example, how do these girls sense that you're vulnerable? When I'm nervous I come off as a snob and push people away from me almost instinctively. So unless those girls want to feel rejected they'd better not approach me.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
That's just pity. Those girls want to be your friends. There is no way you're getting with any of them. Girls like to use guys that are emotionally vulnerable because they're easy to manipulate. They might lead you on, but if you push for it they'll give you that friend garbage. I know what I'm talking about, trust me.

Or maybe they understand him and don't want to make him feel left out? :/ I understand some people here too (I've felt the same way)... but why do some ones associate others being nice with pity or others wanting to use them? Some people might want to be nice to you, you know? Not all people are out to get you.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I don't think they know you are anxious or "vulnerable"... they probably think you are nice and they want to be your friends (maybe you come off as a nice person?). Some girls like guys like you. I say, don't miss the chance, try making friends with them. I understand how you feel about the abusive thing, if you don't trust anyone now... But remember that not everyone have the same personality as your mother, not everyone are going to be abusive.

Felgen

I don't think any girls are attracted to social anxiety.

Female friends are underrated, by the way. ::p:

Last edited:
Guys who are considered desirable are almost always referred to as being "popular".

I can't see what's so attractive in SA.

Luke1993

I don't think any girls are attracted to social anxiety.

I don't think they are either, Social anxiety is a weakness in my eyes. Girls from what I've seen don't like weaknesses!

girls prefer boys with guts, extroverted, with strong personalities and outgoing, not SA.

Yes that seems to be the straight truth right there!

But of course there will always be exceptions. We need to find someone who likes us and doesn't care about our SA, which makes the search difficult, because these girls seeem to be in the minority.