SoCal Meetup?

razzle dazzle rose

I have noticed there are many members here from California. I have been thinking about posting about this so I am just gonna go ahead and do it. I live in LA and would like to get together a small group so we can hangout. It would be a good excuse to get out of the house :cool:
If you'd be interested, post on this thread. Thank you :)

razzle dazzle rose

Yay! Right now I am trying see who is available and go from there. Hopefully we can meetup sometime in the next month or so; but I will gladly meet up with you if no one else is available :)

I'm up for it - but meet-ups tend to be awkward. I'd do it just for the fun of it though... I've done this twice before and even though the meet-ups were quite awkward, they did help me.

razzle dazzle rose

Good, good. I got more responses than I expected to actually. I wanted to get a group of 3 or more, and it looks like it is four of us so far, great. Room for more of course!

I suppose the next step is deciding on a place to meet, one in which we are all comfortable meeting at. I really like the Santa Monica pier and Third Street Promenade, but these are very busy. Post your suggestions!

Santa Monica pier sounds good to me :). I don't know how the others feel about it though..

I don't really know the LA area, so I can't really give any suggestions, sorry :(

I live up in Fresno so i'm not too familiar with LA, other than hollywood and santa barabara, but anywhere that you guys decide on is ok with me!

Oh yeah, I also wanted to suggest that whatever place is decided on, make sure its in an area where we can also do some kind of activity. Like even if its just sight seeing, or shopping. Just so that we aren't stuck in a place like a restaraunt/bar and forced to just sit and talk to eachother the whole time! Because we all know how that goes...

I have been to long beach before too, the area has an aquarium, boat rides around the bay and to the queen mary, as well as many places to walk/shop/window shop ! Just an idea :)

razzle dazzle rose

Okay, so I think we have decided on a place. I will be sending you guys PMs with the particulars of the meet. There is a tentative date set. Won't take place till about two weeks, so there is still plenty of time for others to join. Post here or send me a PM if you are interested!

This is great. Razzle, you know I'm down for this, per our conversation. I hope many of you are up to meeting up with us! We have a simple plan that will hopefully be the most comfortable for everyone here who deals with SA.

razzle dazzle rose

Awesome :).

We should definately have an activity... it helps to make things less awkward :) - even if it's just sight-seeing like ele2ronik said.

Yes, there will definitely be sightseeing! It will be crowded but that will be okay 'cause that will give us something to talk about? There are two people who have confirmed for far. We need more. Especially a girl. I don't want to be the only girl there :D

Did you get my PM by the way? I can be very stupid about sending PMs.

razzle dazzle rose

I just wanted to update here a little as this is the easiest way to communicate with you all.

Because others have raised concerns about our meeting place, and it seems like I am the only familiar person with the Santa Monica pier and third street promenade I wanted to give some information about it.

Yes, it will be crowded. It is a popular place for tourists and locals alike. It is that cool. There is a lot to do. The pier is a pier with rides and games, right next to the beach. There is an arcade too. There is also an aquarium but I have not been to it. I like walking, maybe you guys do too, 'cause a couple miles away is Venice Beach which has a lot of cool vendors and artists, and places to eat.

A couple blocks away is the Third Street Promenade which has a plethora of stores and restaurants and bars. There is also a bookstore, and coffee shops and there is a Pinkberry too for those of us who like Pinkberry (I know I do!). Across the street is a huge mall with high end stores. I don't really like going there as those places intimidate me and I don't have that kind of spending money anyway.

Sadly, we cannot do it all. So we do have to choose. My goal here is to make a plan everyone feels comfortable with. So, chime in!

Home - Santa Monica Pier

Experience the Santa Monica Bay | Heal the Bay

Visitors - Downtown Santa Monica - Third Street Promenade

Venice Beach, California - VeniceBeach.com

Oh, I forgot to mention: if anyone else wants to join us, there is still time. We will be meeting up next week :)

Last edited:

Necrucifer

Makes me wish I lived there LOL sounds fun wish you all a good day when it happens though thats for sure :) Have fun now if I can find people to hangout where I lived lol.