• 6-7 hours

Votes: 18 18.0%
  • 7-8 hours

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • 8-9 hours

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • 9-10 hours

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • More than 10 hours (pls tell how many)

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters

MikeyC

Though I tell myself every week to sleep at 10 PM in the weekdays.. When i go to school I do that because it's very important for me :)
Having something important to you to do the next day assures you get to bed on time.

Gaucho

Having something important to you to do the next day assures you get to bed on time.

it depends, when i was in school, i tried to make the day as long as possible, just because i didnt want the next day to come. so many times i was at 2:00am still on the computer. i was like a zombie back then the next day. ohh boy, what a feeling remembering it now.

MikeyC

it depends, when i was in school, i tried to make the day as long as possible, just because i didnt want the next day to come. so many times i was at 2:00am still on the computer. i was like a zombie back then the next day. ohh boy, what a feeling remembering it now.
Yeah, but that wasn't important to you back then. I didn't have a computer back then...at least not in my room, so staying on until 2am was not an option.

Besides, when you're in school, you're a zombie no matter how much you sleep.

Gaucho

Besides, when you're in school, you're a zombie no matter how much you sleep.

hehe, true. i only did it when i was alone in home, very rarely and in the last high school year. life was better for me without computer

Boby

Off topic :
The poll is starting to look a bit like a Gaussian function ,which is the most common kind of distribution in statistics,science at it's best haha :D
Wow ...I really sounded like a geek now ::p:

Srijita52

This is exactly what I did and still do sometimes :p

Depends on whether I have something going on or not (like work, etc.). If I do then I will often get between 5 and 7 hours of sleep. But on days off I sleep like the dead, I never want to get up.

SadRaver

8-9 Hours.

I have trouble sleeping because of my depression and anxiety. Most of the time, my sleeps are unsatisfying and I always dont feel rested when I wake up no matter how long I slept.

Anyone else sleep longer or dont like to wake up because you have nothing to look forward to?

Yes, this is me. Most days of the week I just don't want to get up. Even if I'm not tired anymore, I'll make myself go back to sleep, because when I'm awake all I feel is sad and depressed.

About one or two days a week I do feel strong enough and slightly energized so I'll try to go out and socialize, or give myself some task off of my to-do list to finish. When I'm strong I try to take advantage of it, because I know it won't last forever. The lethargy always comes back.

SadRaver

Off topic :
The poll is starting to look a bit like a Gaussian function ,which is the most common kind of distribution in statistics,science at it's best haha :D
Wow ...I really sounded like a geek now ::p:

I have a math degree so I LOVE THIS :D we're all just one big bell curve

Yeah that defenitely is, otherwise I'd be a zombie at college and my results will lack on it, cuz I really need concentration is what I noticed quite alot

mikebird

Banned
Good thread.

When at work and commuting, I stick to my schedule, getting to bed at 2200 without compromise, and up in the morning between 6 and 7

Without work, I tend to watch TV until midnight. It takes a few days of practice getting back to work routine

Kat

yeah, it varies if I had a choice i'd probably sleep more than 12 hours per day. I'm a sleepy person but I try to get up early in the mornings because that's when my concentrations seems to be best.

razzle dazzle rose

I don't have a schedule so most of the time I end up sleeping too much. I enjoy sleeping but sometimes I overdo it and will have some body aches and feel grumpy as a result.

I dread the idea of having a job that requires to get up really early. I am just not a morning person. I go to bed late and wake up late...that is how I like it, ha.

Sleeping too much is also a warning sign. If I'm depressed I can sleep fifteen hours or more, just to use up the day.

Yep. Sometimes there is just nothing to do but sleep. Whenever I am really depressed I will eat too much and sleep too much.

psych

I get up at 5am for work.
On a good, or well planned night, I get about 6 hours.
I voted 6-7 because I try very hard to allow that much time, as I find it to be very important to what kind of day I'm going to have.

black soul

I sleep for less than 5 hours per night and wake up many times each night. The last time I slept more than 7 hours straight without waking is several years ago. It takes me so long to get to sleep these days as my mind is racing uncontrollably. I've tried all the "remedies" (besides sleeping pills) but none of them work for me.. ::eek::