skin probs?

Scooter

Do any of you guys get cystic acne when you're stressed? Fark I'm over it! Any suggestions to make it better? I've tried all the mainstream stuff and I'm on erythromycin but it's driving me mental!

k123dave

I do get breakouts every once in a while. I use Terminator 10 (in an orange tube), which contains 10% benzoyl peroxide, which I think is the maximum.

Ive had skin problems all my life, I get boils every so often but I think I found a cure at least for myself, and thats taking a bath in baking soda, it drys it out.
I would assume you could make a paste and put it on your acne..

AimeeSP

Do any of you guys get cystic acne when you're stressed? Fark I'm over it! Any suggestions to make it better? I've tried all the mainstream stuff and I'm on erythromycin but it's driving me mental!

I get acne whenever i'm stressed, i've had acne for 9 blooming years now! Grrrr :mad: lol!!!

I've used so many pills and creams i feel like i must have messed up my insides somehow lol!

The best pill i've been on is roaccutane but it can have some very bad side effects as it's pretty strong! It also is only available from the dermatologist, well here in the UK it is. It really drys up your skin so you have to keep it really moisturised at all times. I had to come off it in the end because it caused me to have temporary liver problems but it's different for everyone. I also had to have a urine test and pregnancy test every month with the dermatologist.

Out of all the creams i've used and been prescribed, the best one is called sudocrem which is usually used for nappy rash and you can get it over the counter. I'm not sure if they have it in australia or if it's called something else but i'll attach a pic anyway. :)

nwaf51.jpg

Yeah, I had mild cystic acne for most of last year. The many types of zit creams and cleansers I tried didn't make any difference (Proactiv was especially the worst sh*t ever; turned my face into red sandpaper). Then I started using this mask you can make out of mixing crushed, uncoated aspirin with honey, and now my skin is totally clear and most of the red scars have faded significantly after a couple of months. The aspirin contains beta-hydroxy acid, which is different from acne products with A-HA because it's oil soluble. You can look up exactly what it does, I'm not sure. Either way, it's the cheapest and only effective thing I've tried.

mrb

diet plays a big part , dont eat crap eat good healthy food lots of veg fruit , cut out chocolate sweets sugar ect ect trust me it helps iv never had acne thats prob why , not saying its the whole reson for spots but it doesnt help having a bad diet ..

FOR REAL

Banned
i had scalp psoriasis for a while but i got this cream from a local farmers market and now its gone

mainstream stuff doest always work, maybe try looking up the net for alternatives :)

imashy1

Try milk of magnesia as a facial mask, and baking soda for facial scrub instead of using over the counter scrubs.

I guess the magnesia acts as an anti-bacterial?

FOR REAL

Banned
i use honey a lot on my facial skin.

i just looked it up for acne and it seems popular

no need to buy the expensive stuff though! bees are bees if you ask me!

Damaged

I don't really get that many spots daily, but when im stressed i do. I normally just pick at them or use toothpaste, then they go within days.

My face is itchy, seriously.

I actually have it REALLY badly, just not on my face. I think it has to do with something else... Which seems really weird, because that seems like the place where it should be. I have this stuff called Tazorac, which works really well, but you can't use it every day because it will make your skin peel like a freaking snake. I only use it on my face when if there are any spots.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I had bad acne as a preteen, not cystic but just bumps all over my face, everyday. I was prescribed Retin-A and it did a great job clearing my skin up.

Iseesky

I had TERRIBLE cystic acne when I was younger. Nothing would get rid of it and it definitely worsened my SA. At 16 I was prescribed accutane (or roaccutane) and it clearned my acne right up. It's used as a last resort drug because it's VERY strong. You cannot drink with it...And if you get pregnant while on it, it will cause birth defects. It can cause harm to your liver and you'll probably have to have a blood test each month. I'm now 19 and thanks to accutane my skin is still clear! I think around 60% of people who use it will be acne-free for the rest of their lives. Hopefully I'm one of them! So far so good! I'd look into that if your acne really effects your confidence and you've tried everything else.

Natural is always better in my opinion! Like other people have said, baking soda is a great exfoliator. Mix it with your normal cleanser to use 1 or twice a week. It's drying, so don't use it all the time. Honey is a wonderful moisturizer and is said to help clear skin. Cooked oatmeal is great too...Just make sure there's no flavour or sugar or anything it. Milk is good. It's a natural exfoliator and will leave your skin really soft. I like to use a mix of oatmeal, honey and milk as a mask 1 or twice a week. Leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse it off. It smells and tastes delicious!

Scooter

Thanks guys, sadly I'm 32! I've never had acne like this before, it's been a hard start to the year so it could be stress-related or it could be medication-related, either way I'm very hideous atm! Worse yet, the more stressed I get, the more I pick it at it (cos it's so dry) and then the worse it gets.

bulent

Yesterday i made the mistake of looking at the mirror after a long long time and saw my horrible acne scars on my face which makes me so depressed. I wish i didn't do that cause i was beginning to get used to life without mirrors and forgetting about those holes like the ones on the surface of the moon.

I'm also prone to having lipomas on the face. They are harmless fatty lumps but they look very bad especially if located on the face. I have one pea sized lipoma that i'm scared of having it removed surgically because that operation will leave another big scar... Right now i feel like a poker player who always has gets the worst cards every hand ::(:

Remus

Staff member
Thanks guys, sadly I'm 32! I've never had acne like this before, it's been a hard start to the year so it could be stress-related or it could be medication-related, either way I'm very hideous atm! Worse yet, the more stressed I get, the more I pick it at it (cos it's so dry) and then the worse it gets.

Usually acne is gone by mid 20's, my advice is to see a GP if it's constant and not just the odd spot once in a while

GreenEyedRedHead

My skin is usually pretty clear, but as soon as I eat dairy I break out really bad. I usually use soymilk for cooking and cereal, and don't eat much cheese or other dairy. It's the day after I eat ice cream or alot of cheese that I break out. Try cutting out dairy for like two weeks and see how it affects your skin. It can't hurt to try.