Sexual disorder

Ramokee

I recently realised that I have a sexual disorder.. possibly hypoactive sexual desire in conjunction with anorgasmia. I'm curious to know how many of you have this problem?

Blabla..

just make sure you take good care of your health , eat well and do physical exercise , this might help you , also check your mood , it's possible that depression makes you feel numb to everything , that's how i feel when i am

good luck

Flowers-Of-Bloom

Yeah I used to have that and sort of still do, expecially in my teenage years. Just imagine, pretty much the only thing your friends ever talk about is sex and then there you are not giving a damn and feeling completely out of place for most of your teenage existence.
But ultimately I didn't think that a lack of a sexual desire was really a problem in itself (well, I didn't really care about it) but I know it can be a symptom of a problem like depression or anxiety.

MikeyC

I don't have this problem but it sounds awful. Blabla has some good advice there (eat well, exercise). That'll hopefully make you feel sexually energised. Otherwise I don't have a great deal of advice, sorry.

Solitudes_Grace

I wouldn't call hypoactive sexual desire or anorgasmia disorders. I think the word "disorder" implies that the condition is unhealthy. I do not think lacking a sex drive is unhealthy. What I mean is that, it is only unhealthy if the person thinks it is unhealthy. I think hypoactive sexual desire, anorgasmia, and many other similar conditions could become advantageous with a simple tweak of perspective. Anyway, these are my thoughts.

Last edited:

Kinetik

I've always had a low sex drive, with or without a partner. I do like being intimate, but I can take it or leave it easily and go for fairly long periods without any stimulation. I'm not sure if it falls under the above disorder though, or whether this is common among people with social issues.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I wouldn't call hypoactive sexual desire or anorgasmia disorders. I think the word "disorder" implies that the condition is unhealthy. I do not think lacking a sex drive is unhealthy. What I mean is that, it is only unhealthy if the person thinks it is unhealthy. I think hypoactive sexual desire, anorgasmia, and many other similar conditions could become advantageous with a simple tweak of perspective. Anyway, these are my thoughts.

A disorder does imply that it is unhealthy, just being abnormal is fine if it doesn't impact your life in a negative way. It's only a problem for the people who don't want it, and when they don't it turns into a disorder.

A lot of people may go see a doctor for a low sex drive because their partner(s) has a more active one and they want to "keep up" or be able to please their partner(s). It's a problem for them, and that makes it a disorder (meets 2 fundamental requirements of disorder, abnormal and impacts life negatively). Same for hypoactive sexual desire, it can be very distracting for an individual, or impact the individual life in others ways. Anorgasmia is a problem, especially in women, that makes sex very unsatisfying.

That's the psychology side of it at least. Personally a lot of these things I think may be defined better in medical terms, but most feel it's a combination of the two.

OceanMist

I recently read on here that anxiety can lead someone to not want sex as most other people. It explains why my friends loved talking about sex, and I didn't.

I believe that anxiety can clog your hormones so you don't even want to sex very often, or at all for some people.

I'm not a big sex person, and I believe my anxiety is the reason why. I'm a virgin, and part of the reason is because of anxiety. In fact, that's the only reason.

Aletheia

A lot of people on here have mentioned low sex drive.

I'd always put mine down to depression, but I'm beginning to wonder....

Like you Kinetik, it's the intimacy I enjoy, but it's possible that I focus so much on my lover and how he's feeling that I don't tune into my own sensation.

I spend so much time in my head, my body is a stranger to me.

MikeyC

Really? Why?

To be honest, I agree with Solitudes_Grace.
But I suppose if a person with a low sex drive wants to have a higher sex drive for some reason, then it could be seen as a problem.
If you want to have sex, but can't for that reason, then it would be quite awful.

I am like Aletheia in a way - I think too much when things get intimate, without letting my hormones take over, and it all falls apart. I get really anxious anyway, so it's difficult.