Scary Movie Night!

Lexis

This is my first thread, so please don't hate me if I get this wrong. Okay. For those who like a good scare, list some of your favourite scary movies best watched in the dark.

Some of mine are;
- Paranormal Activity 1/2/3
- A Haunting in Connecticut
- The Blair Witch Project
- The Grudge

MikeyC

I hated The Blair Witch Project. Paranormal Activity is a good series, especially the third one.

Insidious is one of the scariest ones I've seen recently. Made me unnerved through the whole movie. I recommend watching that one if you're into the Paranormal Activity series.

xSleepy

Right now I'm watching The Exorcism of Emily Rose. Some parts are freaking me out a little even though it's day time. There is no way I could watch this at night. Same with The Exorcist.

Another somewhat scary movie I like is Thirteen Ghosts. The Jackal is my favorite one. It's so scary looking, she reminds me of the exorcist girl, whom I have a weird fascination with lol.

2zhflp3.gif

Other than that, I'm kinda having a hard time thinking of other scary movies because I'm not sure if the ones I like are actually scary or just disturbing and creepy (or something like that)... Such as the Saw series and Final Destination.

Xervello

This is my first thread, so please don't hate me if I get this wrong. Okay. For those who like a good scare, list some of your favourite scary movies best watched in the dark.

Some of mine are;
- Paranormal Activity 1/2/3
- A Haunting in Connecticut
- The Grudge

The Blair Witch is one of my faves. Loved Paranormal Activity and The Grudge.

My faves: The Skeptic, Phantasm, The Descent, Fragile & The Changeling.

My all time faves are The Unnamable I & II though. I'm a huge fan of Lovecraft and adore Mark Kinsey Stephenson. :D

GraybeardGhost

I'm a classic film freak, so . . .

Nosferatu (1922)
Freaks (1932)
Cat People (1942)
The Uninvited (1944)
The Innocents (1961)
The Haunting (1963)
Spirits of the Dead (1968)
The Other (1972)

. . . and many more. Some of the younger members may not have heard of all (or any) of these, but they're all worth checking out. A well-crafted horror film doesn't necessarily need fancy CGI effects and buckets of fake blood to scare the pants off you. :eek:

psych

I don't get scared by these films, but I do find them quite entertaining.

The Thing (1982)
American Werewolf In London
American Werewolf in Paris
The Howling (1981)
The Unborn (2009)
Constantine
Fallen
Thirteen Ghosts
Phantasm
The Shining
Poltergeist
Nightmare on Elm Street (1st one)
Grave Encounters (2011)

I'm sure I'll think of more...

Last edited:

MarionBerry

I do not like scary movies. But I watch them sometimes anyway. The scariest one I've ever seen was Audition It's both terrifying and hilarious (to me). If you've seen it, that scene with the foot thrown against the glass door is one of my favorite of all time.

HumanZ

- The Tunnel
- Grave Encounters
- [REC]
- Friday the 13th (1980)
- The Descent (Especially if you are claustrophobic)

chibiXphantom

The Fourth Kind
the Grudge/Ju-On (japanese)
the Locker (japanese)
the Ring/Ringu (japanese)
Silent Hill

i havent actually seen this yet, but "Chernobyl Diaries" looks really good

im not one to be easily scared watching horror movies. im a bit of a tough critic when it comes to horror. i like a lot of Japanese horror films though

My favs are Rosemary's Baby and The Omen. I also consider Alien to be a scary movie and I liked that a lot.

I don't like slasher movies.

Chess

If you don't mind subtitles, check out Phobia and Phobia 2. They're truly excellent Thai horror anthologies.

Labyrinthine

- The Descent (Especially if you are claustrophobic)

This is one of the few movies that did get a reaction out of me for this exact reason. *shudders*

Horror movies tend to not scare me, but I love them anyway.

Halloween 1 and 2
Dog Soldiers
Ginger Snaps
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Wrong Turn
Let the Right One In
The Shining
28 Days Later
Jacob's Ladder
Let's Scare Jessica to Death