Say 'YES' to everything?!?

DekKO

Have you heard of people who do this? A guy named Danny Wallace did this and it turned his life around. He traveled around the globe and everything. It even inspired the movie "Yes Man." I probably couldn't do it but it would be interesting to see where it would lead someone's life. It would be more interesting but some things you just got to say no to like drugs or sex (maybe not, lol). Maybe I will try it one day. It would bring me out of my comfort zone that's for sure.

J.Christine.89

I think this is interesting. See, I have troubles with saying "no" to people because I feel obligated to do things others ask of me. I've sometimes gotten way too far over my head in situations because of it.

I think you should try it, though. That would be very interesting. Maybe you could even post stuff on here about things you've said "yes" to, especially things you normally would never say "yes" to! lol Good luck with that if you decide to do it! :)

An interesting concept. But I kinda worry where saying yes to some thins might have me end up. I dunno, I wish it were easy to get over this SA, it isn't :/

gsmax5

Have you heard of people who do this? A guy named Danny Wallace did this and it turned his life around. He traveled around the globe and everything. It even inspired the movie "Yes Man." I probably couldn't do it but it would be interesting to see where it would lead someone's life. It would be more interesting but some things you just got to say no to like drugs or sex (maybe not, lol). Maybe I will try it one day. It would bring me out of my comfort zone that's for sure.

I already do that--it's called being a pushover.

Aussie_Lad

I think it is important to say yes when somebody asks you something directly with a few conditions.

- Health or safety is not likely to be affected
- Doesn't go against you beliefs (ie attending a christian church when you are budhist etc).
- it's not putting you out a great deal (such as working overtime when you could be doing better things).

Waybuloo

When I read the title to the thread I thought you meant am I so anxious and lacking in conversation that I just say YES all the time when someone's talking to me. Hey I do.

DekKO

I'm not gonna try to say yes to absolutely everything but I did try to say yes to a few things today and I got to say it was interesting. Nothing major though but that's expected. I suppose once I start saying yes to a lot more things then it will become more natural. I found it hard to keep that 'YES' frame of mind but as I said it will become natural.

DekKO

When I read the title to the thread I thought you meant am I so anxious and lacking in conversation that I just say YES all the time when someone's talking to me. Hey I do.

Oh lol I can see how you got confused. And yes i'm like you. I can be a pushover at times and I say yes to a lot of things even if they don't benefit me. But really the only reason I do that is not that i'm too much of a wuss it's just I don't feel like getting in a pointless argument.

tweetebird

I think this would be much more exciting if one was actually getting 'offers' for things like, "Hey you wanna come sail with me on my sailboat?" or "I got two tickets to a totally awesome concert, come with!" But most of the things I get asked are for favors, hence me saying: "Yes, I'd love to watch your kid on Saturday night. For free." Hmm, just me? :rolleyes: I think the general concept is good though, to not just have knee jerk reactions of playing it safe all the time. :)

Predacon

I don't really see how it could work, maybe for little things. But for big things you would always stop and think about it anyway which would defeat the purpose.